Error when downloading MBAM

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
fRequEnCy

Error when downloading MBAM

Post by fRequEnCy »

Fred! Error when downloading MBAM. Tested on regular pc and from vm. Here's the details.

UVK v3.0.0.0
---------------------------
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\PROGRA~1\UVK\MBAMSE~1.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0597 IP:021e OP:63 68 61 72 73 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
Close Ignore
Let me know if you need any other information.

Also love the new features. The program is getting better and better. Thanks for all the hard work!
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Error when downloading MBAM

Post by Fred »

Thanks fRequEnCy, You've been a great help. It should be fine now.

Please tell if it does it again, and I'll make it download from another website.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

After testing, it does seem to be resolved and can be marked as so. Thanks Fred! Great work.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I just tested again and it was not downloading anymore. Changed the download url to brothersoft.com. It seems that the urls at filehipo.com are temporary. Too bad. the download was fast.

Thanks again for your help.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

Yeah. I just tested again and it's doing it again unfortunately. I would think filehippo would be a great source as well. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure something out? PM me so we can talk. Maybe you have IM so we can chat?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ok check your pm.

I've just tested with the new brothersoft url and it's working fine. But much slower though.

Fred
Prorootect

Post by Prorootect »

Fred, I think Brothersoft download link choice is VERY bad, because this brothersoft has VERY bad reputation.

All software I download always from developer pages - this is the firstest security mesure.

So change your MBAM download link to this, please:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

PS. Thank you for your good work - and especially for the new Immunization section very interesting! - so this new section - with the immunized areas of my choice - works too with the UVK stopped, please?..
W.XPSP2, 13proc., 17serv.; IE8 sandboxed (and tweaked: NO downloads, plugins ..). I'm on MalwareTips.com forums somewhere, sorry ..
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey, George, How're you doing?

The Malwarebytes website doesn't give you a download link. If you click the download button, it will take you to download.cnet.com, which doesn't give you a direct download link. That's why we must use other sites.

Maybe make it download from bleepingcomputer.com again?

Yes, the UVK immunization is always active once you enable it, even if UVK is not running, or even if you uninstall UVK.

Fred
Prorootect

Post by Prorootect »

OK., sorry ..

So direct (? .. hmm, setup file) MBAM download link you have here (2th link in the 2th post, marked'THIS LINK')..: MBAM topic 'MBAM Direct Link Down?': http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph ... opic=58213

.. or here, setup file too: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download-exe.php

So look on MalwareTips.com topic here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Downloadi ... irect-Link
Last edited by Prorootect on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W.XPSP2, 13proc., 17serv.; IE8 sandboxed (and tweaked: NO downloads, plugins ..). I'm on MalwareTips.com forums somewhere, sorry ..
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No, my friend, it's the same thing. UVK needs a direct link like this one:
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/UVKSetup.exe

JavaScript download links do not work, neither urls of pages that start the download automatically.

Maybe i can use this one:
https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cook ... 98dc2.html

Edit: Nope. Doesn't work either.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey, wait, the second link you posted seems to work!

I'm going to check it out now.

Fred
Prorootect

Post by Prorootect »

You see you see it works for Freds
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Bravo George! It's working. Let's see for how long.

It's now downloading from http://www.malwarebytes.org.

Thanks!

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

Nice. Thanks for the suggestion Prorootect!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

@Prorootect, could you please mention the new undocumented update it the malwaretips UVK thread?

See here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169

Thanks

Fred