Thinking of buying UVK? My thoughts and opinions.

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wmmiller

Thinking of buying UVK? My thoughts and opinions.

Post by wmmiller »

First off, I’m not a writer so please stick with me and forgive that shortcoming. :oops: I can tell you that UVK is a very powerful program. You should be able to fix any computer issue with it. It has many features and tools. It just keeps getting better. Fred. The author of UVK is super helpful and willing to help you with any questions you may have weather you are using the paid version or the free version. He doesn’t treat you like your stupid and act like your questions are dumb. I’m a member of a few forums and read many more then I have actually joined and I see on many forums that some people treat you as if you’re too stupid to be there and it seems new techs trying to learn get treated the worst. I’ve been there and really still am. I’m self-taught and I don’t know anywhere near what Fred and many others do. I actually find myself reluctant to post on many forums because of that reason. It’s a bad feeling and nobody likes to be treated as if they are stupid. I have never felt like that on the UVK site. Everyone starts somewhere and needs help along the way. I believe it’s also true that everyone knows something that the next person doesn’t and that person knows something you don’t. Nobody knows everything. Fred will help when you have an infection, and as far as I can tell he doesn’t charge a fee for helping you, although he probably should. I would encourage anyone who receives infection help to make a donation if you can. The portable version is super for technicians and requires no installation. It comes in an .exe and .com versions which can be helpful when you have an infection that won’t let you open an .exe file. The branding license allows you to use your own logo and information which gives you a professional look and having your own logo on the program looks pretty cool too. 8-) Even if you’re not a tech you can buy the branding version and impress your friends and family. The price is more than fair and likely too cheap for a program this powerful. I’m rambling now, but just wanted to get across that Fred is very helpful and has never treated me like I’m stupid or my questions are dumb. He has helped me many times. I donate to him when I can and he has never asked me for money for his assistants. I encourage people to buy the program and make a donation when and if you can. That will enable Fred to continue development and make UVK an even better more powerful program. Everything said here is solely my own opinion and thanks for reading it. Thank you Fred for a great program, your help, patience, understanding and most of all for treating me like a person and not a dummy that doesn’t belong on your forums. :D
Bill (Lake George Tech)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
FredJClaus

Re: Thinking of buying UVK? My thoughts and opinions.

Post by FredJClaus »

Well said Bill.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Geez Bill,

You wrote this a while back and it still rings true today. It was well said and the very same I say about feed when asked as well. I think Fred is a pretty cool dude

Jim
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

I second everything you said WMMILLER. I work for a business that purchased UVK years ago. The support is untouchable by other products barrnone. Even when Microsoft themselves couldn't help it was UVK (Fred) that helped me clean up their attempted fixes to problems that had our office's accounts receivable department shut down. I am as well self-taught...in other word I know how to turn the pc on. Everyone in our office knows of Fred even tho they have never talked to him. In all the programs we need for protection in today's environment my first and foremost question is what kind of support will we have. This is because years ago when in trouble I got the best I do believe. I could not recommend UVK more. JAbernathy Accounts receivable Medical Billing and Insurance.