Send Reports Via Command Line

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
ACS

Send Reports Via Command Line

Post by ACS »

Just as the title suggests I would like to be able to run a script, then once completed have the script send either an FTP or Email report. I would like this to be send via a custom command or command line switch.

Thank You for the great product though it seems to be doing just fine as a replacement for D7 which I am coming from.

Thanks again for your time,
Tyler
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Send Reports Via Command Line

Post by Fred »

Hi ACS. I scheduled that feature to be added in the next update.

Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
ACS

Post by ACS »

Thanks for the quick response Fred. I am also interested in the Ultra Adware Cleaner, when can we expect to see this in action?
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Ultra Adware Cleaner. Me too! :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Currently it's Ultra Adware Killer. Does Cleaner sound better? That can be easily changed.

I'm expecting to have the new stable version ready in the beginning of the next month.

I'm half way through the database creation and the interface coding.

I can post a screenshot once I finish the interface coding.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
ACS

Post by ACS »

I was never one to ask about how something "sounds" maybe someone else can chime in here. Although I would love to see a screenshot! I would also be interested in how you are creating the database of "bad" files. Would the users of UVK be able to create a database together? Would you be creating it from logs such as MalwareBytes, ADWcleaner, JRT, or maybe from their databases? I am just curious as I am very excited to implement this into my repair process. I love how your program can automate pretty much all of my repairs, keep up the great work!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes I'll be creating the database from those programs, mostly from the JRT database, and MBAB/adwcleaner logs.

I fact, JRT was the main reason why I decided to create this feature. It has an excellent DB, but since it is console batch based, it is very slow, and does not offer the functionality of a Win32 application.

The option to let users add items to the DB is interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot in the future. For now, I'll just be glad if is is fast and finds everything JRT and ADWCleaner find.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

I will chime in. ;) Now that you say it, I knew it was “Ultra Adware Killer”. Don’t change the name. I like it and after all it is part of Ultra Virus Killer. I never use JRT because it doesn’t let me decide what to get rid of. Otherwise I believe it would be a great program. I think a user database is a great idea if you can make it work without it becoming a boondoggle for you. I’m also excited to see this implemented and thank you Fred for all the hard work you do to make UVK better. :D

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Xander

Post by Xander »

ACS wrote:Just as the title suggests I would like to be able to run a script, then once completed have the script send either an FTP or Email report. I would like this to be send via a custom command or command line switch.
Fred wrote:Hi ACS. I scheduled that feature to be added in the next update.
Any word on this from January? I'd like to be able to upload reports at the end of an SR run but there's currently no option showing in the SR listings and no mention in the Help page (only thing about "reports" is <clearerrorreports>).

Two side-requests - could the window that comes up when you check "Create professional report" have a button in the Reporting window? This would give techs a second chance to enter a work order number, etc.
And could there be an option to always create the System Info.htm page and always include it in the upload?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Xander.

This was added in version 7.1. It was mentioned in the change log and the command line switches help page and is also mentioned in the beta change log.

The system info HTML file is automatically included when you send the reports through this method.

You need to previously configure the email address and FTP server in the reporting section. You can then save those settings to UVKSettings.ini, in %InstallSourceDir%, so they are automatically loaded in every computer.

The "Professional reports" are created in the System repair section. There is no connection between each HTML report and the reporting section.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Okay so, to check my understanding, so long as I have the -sendreports in there (AND my settings pre-set), once I run an SR routine with the "create reports" checked, it will not only create the SR reports but also upload them automatically AND include the System Info?

At what point does that event get triggered? How does it know when to send them? On UVK's shutdown?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander, I'm afraid you didn't get the full picture. UVK does not send the reports automatically. -SendReports is just a command line switch that UVK now supports. For instance, you can create a System repair custom app that sends the reports when you run it. The command of that app would be:

Code: Select all

%UVKExe% -SendReports -Passive
This way, whenever you want to quickly send the reports of a customer's PC you would just run that app. Sent reports include a system info HTML file, the UVK application logs, any Professional reports created in the System repair section, any logs created in the Scan and create log section, and logs from the built-in third party apps. If you wnat to change that, you'd have to manually go to the Reporting section and add or remove files to the zip.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Fred wrote:UVK does not send the reports automatically. -SendReports is just a command line switch that UVK now supports.
So, if I want to send reports "automatically", I have to do all my UVK work to create the logs and reports, and then re-run UVK manually with the parameters to get it send reports "automatically". That doesn't seem any more convenient than just opening the reports window and uploading them.

Alternatively, I could create a batch file that runs UVK normally and, when I close that, runs it again with -sendreports and hope that at no point in my work I need to reboot.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You don't have to run UVK again. When your work is done you can send the reports the way you want.

This feature was requested, so I made it. UVK has no way of knowing when your work is finished, or when you wish to send the reports. However, this feature may be useful, for instance, if you want to create a scheduled task that sends you reports periodically.

Fred