PCRT

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

PCRT

Post by Charger440 »

Hey Fred.

Have you thought about getting together with Luke to integrate PCRT and UVK? I know him and Nick are some kinda buddies but not everyone that likes PCRT likes Nick/d*?

Just curious about what you thought on that. I'm not so much requesting as wondering if you had considered it. It would prolly be a long undertaking if you did do it.

Jim
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: PCRT

Post by Fred »

Hello Jim.

I thought about it some time ago, but once I added the Reporting feature it didn't seem needed anymore.

Maybe once I finish all the projects I'm currently working at, I'll give it a try.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

What all are you working on? How much other cool stuff you got in that brain of yours? :)

Jim
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I don't like to spoil the surprise element, but I can give away some info. Currently I'm working on UVK. I'm adding two more sections. Pretty nice. The features in those two sections will also be available as separate apps.

After I got all of that ready, I'll have to finish Tech tool store. As you know, creating an application is not just writing and compiling it. It also includes debugging, creating its web pages, upload everything, etc. Too much work for a single person. But I don't give up easily!
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Two more sections? I like it! :D

Hey guys,

I hope all is well with everyone. I’ve been really busy keeping our junk cars going and slowly moving my computer room over to the new house. There’s so many wires and crap to go thru, I’ve been putting it off. My wife lit a fire under my butt when she pulled me close and told me to get it done. (Ok, she didn’t pull me close, but she did bring it up a 1000 times.) :roll: Like I wasn’t going to do it anyway. HA!

Have a great day!

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey Bill. It seems like I'm not the only one who's been busy.

Aside my wife is not giving me (many) orders lately :).

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I been pretty busy lately too. Still working on getting my business started I always have something going on....

Jim
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, this post looks curious. ....

Jim
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

This shouldn't take too much to implement. PCRT already has a PHP page to pull in D7 logs so I would think it would be a matter of finding someone PHP-competent to go over the D7.php file and adapt its usage to UVK. Depending on how do-able that is, it might need some minor tweaks in UVK in order to make the logs and system info report more readable by the PHP.

I already posted on its forums earlier today:
http://pcrepairtracker.com/forums/viewt ... =9&p=10704
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Using that programs php out put could be considered copy right infringement and if Fred refused to do it I certainly would not blame him. In not sure how high this is up on the list as there are several other things going on right now and I actually forgot this post to be honest.
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Luke (PCRT) has no problem with us adapting the PHPs to our needs. People regularly post their adapations for the benefit of others. One can't distribute them or anything obviously but adapting a PHP is kosher. Changes to the code would be best posted within the PCRT forums, though.