Spybot and jetclean

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
FredJClaus

Spybot and jetclean

Post by FredJClaus »

Two programs I use on a regular basis are SpyBot search and destroy and JetClean (Bluesprig.com). Currently I run Spybot through an app called Portable Apps on the same flash drive I have put UVK on. It would however be a great feature to add to the malware scanner section as something to download alongside malware bytes and super anti spyware.

Jetclean is anothe free program I like. This one however has a portable version free on their website. It all runs from a self contained folder on my flash drive but it would be great to be able to use it as a part of U K instead.
wmmiller

Re: Spybot and jetclean

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred J,

I’ve never heard of JetClean. Looking at their website it says its release Date is 2012/10/25, I couldn’t find a change log. It looks as though it hasn’t been updated since its release. I always wonder about anything that says “One-click Clean and Tune-up”. Anyway, it can always be added as a third party application.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Great point Bill. I didn't think about the third party app section.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred J,

Take a look at this topic. (What's in your 3rd Party list?)

Bill

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=811
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred J,

Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not picking on or ripping your choice of programs. I was just saying I never heard of it. I always like to check out new programs. I tend to check out many tech forums and find the ones (programs) that other techs are talking about. Some forums I trust more than others. Some techs opinions as well. I have found that I trust Fred here at UVK because he understands how windows work and is always respectful. I’m self-taught and there are many things I don’t know and understand so I feed off techs that know more than me. That’s where I learn the most. You will find that some techs and forums may treat you rudely because they perceive you as not as smart as they are, but you need to just let it roll off your back and find people that treat you with respect. :)

Bill
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Don't worry Bill. I'm a very open minded person, so I do what you do. I found Jet Clean from another board I talk in, and I found UVK from Technibble. I too find programs based on what others have to say, and at the same time I stop usin some programs based on information I get from others.

What I like about your posts is that you are honest. A person can never learn from someone to agrees with me all the time.
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

wmmiller wrote:Fred J,

Take a look at this topic. (What's in your 3rd Party list?)

Bill

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=811

I only have what Fred has put in the third party app list. I haven't played with the program enough to add my own things. I tried to add Advanced System Care and Spybot but they didn't work.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Advanced system care:

Download url: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Advanced-WindowsCare.shtml
Download type: Softpedia page
Download file %ThirdParty%\AdvancedSystemCare.exe
Command 1: %ThirdParty%\AdvancedSystemCare.exe

I don't really like this tool. It installs lots of things we don't ask for and is a real pain to cleanup.

As for Spybot, do you really still use it?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Fred,

Yes I still use Spybot. Not because I have any loyalty to it, but rather, I have not hear anything negative about it. It's always a last scan on my list when I'm cleaning a computer. It never finds anything big after I've done all the other scan, mostly just tracking cookes.

As for ASC, I like the program to a point. I don't like the fact that it keeps asking you to download malware fighter, but I do like the powerful scan option in the uninstaller. I use the bare bones option of the program scanner, but maybe you can point me in the direction of something better.

I like the "internet booster" option even though it mainly repairs the BHO settings among other things. It has a privacy sweeper, and a registry defragger, that come in handy a lot. From what I've seen, their privacy scanner and the junk files cleaner are two different things. It also checks for system optimization Security updates, and if there are any hard drive errors.

now, all these programs are the ones I used before I knew about UVK. Can you take a look at ASC and tell me how I can accomplish the same things strictly using the UVK program?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Fred,

The registry cleanup and defrag features, and junk files cleanup are already present on UVK, in the System booster section.

Scanning and removing uninstall leftovers is also present in the Smart uninstaller.

IE's BHOs can be removed either in the Autorun manager, or by resetting IE and internet settings.

To remove Firefox and chrome adons and plugins, you have the Reset chrome, and Reset Firefox fixes.

As for the privacy sweeper, UVK already has the Clear Internet Explorer's history fix. If you want to cleanup more privacy items, such as the Recent folders, you can create a script or third party app for the effect. Let me know if you need help.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Thanks Fred. To be honest, I know nothing about programming so I don't really know what these features really do. I just know that after I ran them along with virus scanners the systems where sped up. Until your program came around these were my go to programs. Evaluating your program I tried running ASC and Jetclean after running the above mentioned features on your program. There was very little if anything for the others to do.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of UVK but hope in time this is the only program I need to run. The next section I'm working to understand is the AutoRun section. For that my goto was microsoft "autoruns". I know that one like the back of my hand so I hope to Learn how to do the same things in UVK. After that, I will learn how to write my own scripts for the program. Is there a place we can share scripts we write with others?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Right now my favorite tools are Hitman pro and Rogue killer. I typically remove advanced system cleaner and treat it as Spyware/scareware.
Rogue killer is good but it misses some things. Hitman pro seems to work great but it seems to have taken a play right out of d7's play book and set it's self really expensive, at least from tech point of view.

Jim
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"