Customer Number Or Work Order Number

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
PCButler

Customer Number Or Work Order Number

Post by PCButler »

Hi Fred...
First i would like to thank you for such a great product.

I am not sure if i am overlooking a setting somewhere, if i am i apologize in advance, and ask if you could point me in the correct location for the setting.

If not however, would it be possible to request that upon UVK launching that it ask for either a customer name/number or a work-order number that would also be able to be inserted into all the reports. and transferred to our local ftp for ease of reference.

So if Mrs smith was to come in and had a work order Number of 12345 we would be able to give UVK the work order number, as this would be unique only to Mrs Smith on this visit. The 6 months down the road when Mrs was to return her new work-order would 23456 and we then assing this number in UVK so we would be able to always xref the old reports with the old work orders.

Hope this make sense to you..

Once again
Many thanks for a great support product.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Customer Number Or Work Order Number

Post by Fred »

Hi PcButler.

I will add an option to set a "Repair ID" in the Professional report settings dialog. This will be a free editing field, so you can put there whatever you want (Order ID, work ID, both, or something else).

Will this do what you need?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
PCButler

Post by PCButler »

That will work Fred

Many thanks
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred, That will be a nice addition to UVK. :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You guys are very welcome. Since I'll be working on the system repair section again, I'll also try to make the same report survive the reboot, including the repair start time.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred