Welcome

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fred
Site Admin

Welcome

Post by Fred »

Hi, welcome to UVK forums.

My name is Fred and I'm the administrator and owner of this website, and also the author of UVK.

Please use this section to post comments or suggestions for UVK. Your ideas can help to make a better UVK.

Thanks for visiting.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Nige

Re: Welcome

Post by Nige »

Hi Fred

I just wanted to say thanks so much for making such a brilliant program. I use it on the majority of pc's which come into the workshop. It has saved me literally hours of work.

Thanks again my friend.

be safe

nige :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Nige, glad you registered.

As I wrote on TN:

I'm adding a few more fixes, as you can see in the screenshot below.

In case you're wondering, I didn't remove the .Net framework and Windows installer cleanup tools. I just move them to the combo "Enable and run".

The fixes I added are:

Administrator account >> A toggle to enable or disable the hidden admin account.

User account control (UAC) >> A toggle to enable or disable the UAC.

Fix desktop icons and context menu >> One of the new fixes to fight modern malware effects. It enables the desktop itself, the icons displaying and the context menu. Here's the code I used. I'm sure that even those who don't know AutoIt will surely understand what it does:

Code: Select all

Func FixDesktopIconsAndCM()
	Local $Success = 1
	$Success *= RegWrite('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer','NoViewContextMenu','REG_DWORD',0)
	$Success *= RegWrite('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced','DisablePreviewDesktop','REG_DWORD',0)
	$Success *= RegWrite('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced','HideIcons','REG_DWORD',0)
	$Success *= RegWrite('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced','IconsOnly','REG_DWORD',0)
	Local $Test = RegDelete('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer','NoDesktop')
	If $Test = 2 Then $Success = 0
	RegWrite('HKCR\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}','','REG_SZ','Desktop')
	RegWrite('HKCR\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\InProcServer32','','REG_EXPAND_SZ','%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll')
	RegWrite('HKCR\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\InProcServer32','ThreadingModel','REG_SZ','Apartment')
	RunWait(@SystemDir&'\regsvr32.exe /s '&@SystemDir&'\shell32.dll',@SystemDir,@SW_HIDE)
	ControlSend('Program Manager', '', '', '{F5}')
	Return $Success
EndFunc;==>FixDesktopIconsAndCM()
I tried to cover all the possibilities, but if anyone knows of other registry entries to fix please tell.

Unhide user files >> A fix to replace unhide.exe, except it will filter special files and folders that should be kept hidden, like the AppData, Recent, or the Start menu folders, and the desktop.ini, thumbs.db, index.dat or user.dat* files, etc.

Well, I decided to only make it unhide the files and folders in the user profile's folder (recursively, of course). What do you guys think? Should I do it for the whole system drive?

Rebuild icon cache >> This is just a small fix that deletes the IconCache database and promts to restart the Windows explorer.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
iamjason

Post by iamjason »

hello fred,

Im amazed by this program you have made. You have a great knowledge of virus removal techniques. I would love to help out any if I could. I was working on a similar program but started doing some searching around, found yours, and realized Id be wasting my time. Thanks a bunch for what you have here.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

HI iamjason, welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you like UVK. May I know what programming language you use?

Thanks for registering.

Fred