Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:48 am
Previously I have used a utility which import and export all Windows settings to the new PC, but I don't remember the name.
I don't know, if this feature is already available in UVK or no,t but it is good if you make a small utility (and also integrated in UVK).
Below are some suggestions, which can be export and import.
- Services (Enable/Disable),
- Browsers Settings (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Vivaldi, etc.)
- Customize Windows Settings Like themes, display sizes, Start Menu, Explorer settings, etc.
Additionally (or later) you can add different program settings (like different video Players or Program Associations)
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2336
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:05 pm
- Location: Red coast, France
Thank you for your excellent suggestion. I plan to add at least some of the features you mention to PC Data Back and UVK's Backup and recovery module.
It may take some time as I'm very busy at this point.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:36 pm
I know it has been a few months ago but, in the meantime before Fred gets UVK backup and recovery completed... I have always used Fab's Autobackup for this kind of operation and found it to be (mostly) sufficient. https://www.fpnet.fr/