PCData Back

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Muhammad Tasneem

PCData Back

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Hi Fred,

One question click in mind when heard about "PCData Back".

Scenario:
User moved his profile data folder on other partition/disk except desktop folder.
We make the backup with PCData Back.

1- We will restore the back on same PC.
Will it be restore correctly?

2- We will restore the backup on another PC.
Will it be restore all data on same partition like C:? or,
It will the exact copy on different partition.

Actually this was happened to me few years back. When I was not using UVK.
I have taken the backup from his office PC and restore it on home PC..... my bad ... ahhhhh...
I didn't aware that their IT personal used to moved the profile folders on other disk/partition.
Then I did the all things from scratch... you know whole PC with thousands of mails in outlook.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: PCData Back

Post by Fred »

Hi Muhammad.

PCData Back detects when user folders have been moved and restores to their actual location.

By the way, UVK will soon have all PCData back features. Update is coming up today.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

That's great.

Just one thing more.
can we make group policies back up with this tool?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You can backup/restore the C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy folder, if that's what you mean. As for the registry saved GP, the answer is no, although it may be an interesting feature to add...
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred