Web Host

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Web Host

Post by Charger440 »

OK, so, I am looking for a new web hosting company. I am currently with Quality host online and inmotion hosting. QHO is low price and have some nice features but they are lacking in overall quality and customer service. InMotion is nice with lots of options, the price is a lot higher than QHO but the customer service is somewhat better.

What do you guys use? How do you like them? Are they up to date and reliable?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Re: Web Host

Post by reggaemanu »

I've recently switched to web4all (was on 1and1 France before) I love it.

That's not a big company that's a french non-profit organization and they all are passionate volunteers, all the money they got is used for the infrastructure. Performances are way better than 1and1, the back-office is homemade and really good (but i don't know if it's available in english), backups are free and automatic for everyone (sql and data), the support is good and fast (by tickets or on the forum) even if they are volunteers.

http://www.web4all.fr
Brink

Post by Brink »

I'm late to read and answer this topic as you have probably already switched to a new provider. I did want to answer anyway though in case it helps someone reading the thread in the future.

I have been with Hostgator for a long time. (since 2003) They have had an awesome "uptime" record. Their servers are are located in multiple data centers in Dallas and Houston Texas. Super fast and are well connected to fiber with redundancy and daily backups. Customer service is Bar-none. I have been able to get in touch through their support chat any time that I have tried, including weekends - holidays - and 3 in the morning. Support has been very helpful and when my issue has require escalation to service ticket, the admins have always had my issue resolved within just a few hours. I highly recommend them.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, may I ask why you want to move away from inmotion hosting?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

The server is too slow. They claim faster speeds but my website with them seems like it's slow all day.

I have contacted support and they just tell me "It looks fine to them."
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, was that a shared server?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Yes it's shared but my old server was much faster and it's shared as well
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, I just asked because this server has been a shared server for several years, up until very recently. And despite all the activity, it's always been fast enough. I guess it depends on many factors. Since I was the one who sent you to inmotion, sorry about that.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

LOL You didn't send me to inMotion but you gave me your opinion on how it works... Your hosting package is different than mine so that plays into it as well.

On that note though..... I have noticed the forums sometimes have a bit of a delay in loading. Kind of like my PCRT does which is all I am really concerned with.
Jim

Brink

Post by Brink »

Jim, Did you get this issue resolved?

The HostGator that I mentioned, is pretty fast and well connect to the internet backbone. I can give you a couple of examples sites, http://appraisal-services.net and http://srccreektribe.org are both hosted by me on Hostagator shared servers. You can try theses if you want to check out the speed of the servers.

If you are only wanting to host your own site, maybe I can help as I have reseller space and can hook you up. If you want to do hosting for others then maybe it's best to get your own reseller account. You have my phone number and are welcome to call anytime.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Brink

I wound up going back to my old server. They have their issues but over all they are fast and cheap.

ince you are on Host Gator they are prolly 25% less than what you are paying.... I was on a reseller plan with them but it turned out it made more sense for me to just charge people to set them up on their own account.
Jim

Muhammad Tasneem

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Is there any option to check the server speed before hiring the hosts.

I have planned to make my web for IT support and searching a here and ther.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

2-26-19 I no longer support quality host online as they have done some shady things to me even as a multiple account, long term customer (10 years). I now use the host that Fred does.

Muhammad

I use Quality Host Online. They are pretty quick, they are also the cheapest I have found for quality service and most hosts do offer a Money back or "trial" period. If a host does not offer that period of time, it is a good bet you want to stay away from them.
Last edited by Charger440 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim

Muhammad Tasneem

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Thanks Jim,

I will check
deepak64

Post by deepak64 »

Hey,
Many thanks for sharing such awesome information about web hosting.