Kill all non system processes whitelist

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

Kill all non system processes whitelist

Post by wmmiller »

Hello Fred,
Is there a way we can add a whitelist to “Kill all non system processes”? There are times when I would like to use this feature on a remote job, but it kills remote support software as well and then you’re all done until someone reboots the computer. Maybe a way to incorporate it into the uvksr file?

Bill

These in particular for Simple-Help Remote Access:

"simpleservice.exe"
"remote access.exe"
"remote support.exe"
"shaerodisabler.exe"
"simplehelpcustomer.exe"
"javaw.exe"
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Kill all non system processes whitelist

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill.

I'll give it a try and keep you posted.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. your white listing feature is up and running. Check out the new beta.

If you copy the white list from your post here, don't forget to remove all the double quotes.

Let me know if you spot any bugs or suggestions.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,
Thanks for add in this new feature. :D It seems to work well on my everyday machine. What is the best way to incorporate it into the portable version that gets downloaded? (When 6.6.1.1 is released) Maybe form my ftp server with my uvksr file or registry settings? Where are those settings stored at? I want to try the 6.6.1.1 beta portable version on a remote computer and see if I have all the correct exclusions need so I don’t kill my remote connection. I hope this made sense.
Bill
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred,
I used my remote support setup and then updated it with 6.6.1.1 and setup my exclusions. It works great! The question then is how best to incorporate it so it downloads with my uvksr file or however you think is the best way.

Bill
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,
I imported the registry settings and it worked well on a remote session.

Bill
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. For some reason I didn't get the notifications of your replies. Sorry. Guess I'll have to check out if I'm subscribed to this forum.

Yes, the settings can be saved to an ini file, or reg file, and then you either send the file to the remote machine manually or have your uvksr file download it from your server.

Fred
zbmowrey

Post by zbmowrey »

OK, so I found out how to manually exclude files (whitelist) when running that fix.

Have I overlooked anything that explains how I would include this as part of my automation routines? I don't see a file created in my uvk portable folder - assume it's a registry key or something?

If so, where do I find it and what's the recommended / best practice means of ensuring that I include it as part of my remotely-deployed package?

Thank you for your attention!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Zb, yes, the processes white list is saved to the registry in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer\ProcessExplorer key. The KillAllIgnoreList value contains the process names to ignore, coma separated.

The best practice to automatically load the list is to export the application settings to an ini file, in the "Options" section, and place that ini file in the same folder as the UVK package. All UVK packages recognize that ini file and apply the saved settings automatically.

Fred
csm

Post by csm »

Hi Fred and others,

can someone explain me where to put the processkill whitelist file and how to name it? Is it just an ini file with on every line a process name?
Or is there another way to dot it?
Thanks in advance!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

CSM,

Go to the Process manager, click Kill all processes, update your ignore list and save.
then go to the Options section, and save the settings to a file or to CloudSync, whichever you use.

Simple as that!

Fred
csm

Post by csm »

thanks!