SFX maker ... run by CMD line?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

SFX maker ... run by CMD line?

Post by Xander »

Whether using the Winrar version or the newer SFX generator, every time there's a new UVK version, I have to recreate the SFX over again. Not the end of the world but I'd love to be able to have my 'remote host' PC be able to run a scheduled task each night to auto-update the Portable version on my NAS and then create a new SFX to save into my local Screenconnect Toolbox folder.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: SFX maker ... run by CMD line?

Post by Fred »

Hi Xander.

I'll add the command line support for SFX creation in the next update.

Just out of curiosity... what do you mean by "Winrar version or the newer SFX generator"?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

I was making the SFX originally with Winrar but have been switching over to UVK's own version.

After posting this, I did find this compressor (http://74.cz/en/make-sfx/index.php) which not only has command line support but will generate the command for you. The only downside is that it doesn't have any kind of option to clean up the destination folder (but that's logical because the decompressor will run way before UVK would be finished its tasks).
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I think that is supported by winrar too.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5183 ... batch-file

Also read the rar.txt text file in WinRAR's directory. It's probably also supported by 7-zip.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred