Cleanup all generated reports

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
reggaemanu

Cleanup all generated reports

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

Could you add an option in SR to delete all files generated by uvk on desktop ?
As soon as they are uploaded to ftp I don't want them anymore on the customer computer so I have to delete them each time (but sometimes I forget about them :D)
I wanted to make a third app for that, the problem is that it will delete actual files but generate another one since it is still in SR processing :D
Charger440

Re: Cleanup all generated reports

Post by Charger440 »

I like this idea but I would love to take it a step further. I am using it automated on a few computers and one set has been automated since January. Every time it get the reports together it gets all the previous ones as well. Which is starting to make for a pretty significant report file. I realize I can just delete the files but if UVK knows how to find them to include it in a report, it should know how to delete them as well.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

How about adding a "Delete files after sending" checkbox in the Reporting section? The check box state would be automatically saved, and could be exported to UVKSettings.ini. Does that sound good?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:How about adding a "Delete files after sending" checkbox in the Reporting section? The check box state would be automatically saved, and could be exported to UVKSettings.ini. Does that sound good?
That sounds perfect for me !

Mmmh...wait, we will end up with the same problem it will recreate it just after deleting while finishing SR isn't it (at least to say files have been uploaded if this is the last sr task)!?

A checkbox in SR (or options) to tell uvk to delete all generated files after SR is completed should work !?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I can make it not recreate it if the checkbox is checked. I still think it is the best option.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Never mind, Manu. I'll add that check box to the SR list.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Thanks Fred :)

Put it where you think it is the best (in reporting section seems a nice place for it yeah if it doesn't recreate files after) as long as it works it's fine for me :D

PS: I don't know if that was clear since I've used the word "reports" but it would be nice if it delete all files generated by uvk (including system info.htm)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I think the best place is the reporting section, because that way it can be done from the SR section as well. I figured a nice way of doing it, just wait and you'll see.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

You rocks :mrgreen:
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

I re-open this feature request as it's still not perfect for me.
Could you add a delete option so it can delete files at uvk uninstall ? Maybe it would make more sense.

My concern is that I want to do some basic things after uploading the report and actually it close uvk after sending so I have to re-open it, and it generate another file for the one or two things I have to do that I still have to manually delete after uninstall.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Look at you Manu, being all picky and stuff. :lol:

Actually that's not a bad idea just making it part of UVKs uninstall cleanup but, I also like it in the reporting section too where I intend to leave UVK hidden on the computer but don't want months of reports piling up.

Sounds like a good idea to me
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Charger440 wrote:Look at you Manu, being all picky and stuff. :lol:
:lol: :oops:
Charger440 wrote:Actually that's not a bad idea just making it part of UVKs uninstall cleanup but, I also like it in the reporting section too where I intend to leave UVK hidden on the computer but don't want months of reports piling up.

Sounds like a good idea to me
Yeah, it's good as it is right now (and it can be disabled in report section) but it would be nice to also be able to delete them at uninstall (just a checkbox in the options would be fine for that) so we can choose depending of the context.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

I will add that check box to the Options section.

Fred