Filter shown entries that have passed VirusTotal hash submission

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Brink

Filter shown entries that have passed VirusTotal hash submission

Post by Brink »

Would it be possible to add a new filter to the "Autoruns" - "Memory Modules Manager" and "Services Manager" sections under the "list settings" that will run hashes against VirusTotal and hide entries that turn up clean? I know that UVK has VirusTotal hash submission already. It would just be great if it were tied to a filter on those parts of the program.

There is a well known utility which is part of a suite of windows tools. This program manages startup entries. The last few versions of it that have been released are doing this. I'm not supposed to mention program names here. It really is a nice feature though and I would love for UVK to be doing it too.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Filter shown entries that have passed VirusTotal hash submission

Post by Fred »

Hi Brink.

UVK already had Virustotal hash submission years before Mark added them to Autoruns. Unless the VT Api has changed recently, it only allowed 4 submissions per minute. I'll check out if that has changed. Thanks for the suggestion.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Brink, I think you will like to know that VirusTotal is now taking up to 25 hashes per request, and it should also accept several requests per minute. So, I will add the requested feature ASAP.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

:D That's nice! :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Brink

Post by Brink »

Awesome. Thanks Fred!
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Sounds like a cool feature to me! :) We can't mention other software? I was not aware that was a rule except that I don't mention a certain software by name as I kinda wish he and his software would disappear.... Actually I'm not so sure it isn't slowly disappearing anyway... Most other software I mention by name if it's appropriate to the conversation.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I did mention it in the How to request features topic, but you guys can easily guess why I did it. This forum was becoming some other program's forum instead. Of course, I wouldn't mind Autoruns to be mentioned in this topic, as it would be appropriate.

Fred