System Readiness Tool

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

System Readiness Tool

Post by Xander »

I suppose I could work this in as a whole set of SR fixes for each version of Windows but maybe the option to have it as one built-in fix that 'just works' would be better. Ideally, it would download the files if needed to somewhere like Third Party/SRT and then not re-download them next time.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/947821
wmmiller

Re: System Readiness Tool

Post by wmmiller »

Dism.exe is in the system repair and optimization section already.
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

It is, Bill. But this is for windows 7 and below.

Thanks, Xander. I noted this down for a future update. Note that I'm not adding any new features to the AutoIt UVK, so it may take a while.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Humm. I guess I misunderstood something. That link say’s Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool. DIMS for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012. It seems there was just a discussion about the readiness tool last week and I thought it was decided there were just too many versions of that. I could just be freaking out though. :roll:
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I don't know about that discussion, but I see a total of nine versions. That's not too much for a program to do, but it can be quite time consuming for a tech to choose the correct one each time. So I think this could be a good fix.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred. I agree this would be a good fix. I just used it about one and half weeks ago to fix a windows update issue.
Xander

Post by Xander »

Good to hear, Fred. If it were merged with the DISM, that'd be even better - more of a Master Fix that adapts itself to older systems as needed and a more streamlined list.

Just wish SRT had been of use on this Vista x32 box I've got here - finally gave up and factory restored it.