UAK - more command line support

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

UAK - more command line support

Post by Xander »

I'd like to be able to integrate it into my RMM clients eventually. So far, there are very few things that I'm finding that I'm not deleting; a very short whitelist.

I like the idea of being able to send the .exe, and whitelist over to clients and have it run behind the scenes as part of their regular cleanup/maintenance cycle.

So, what about adding the options:
/createrestore <-self-explanatory
/deleteall <-self-explanatory
/log C:\logfilename.txt <- GFI/MaxFocus allows for the collection of echo'd text so I'd probably just end up starting it all with a batch file and then, once run, echo the log file into the collected data.

Optionally, one could skip the /deleteall parameter and have it provide just a log of what's been found. That could be then used to beef up a whitelist for later runs.

I know some will (and have) balk at the idea of running a cleanup without manually reviewing everything and I'm not asking anyone else to change their way, just for a few broader options.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: UAK - more command line support

Post by Fred »

Hi Xander.

I was saving those kind of features, and a few others I have in mind for a premium UAK version I plan to build shortly.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Not in any panic - just really want a tool that I can run (and trust) that can be run in the background for customers.
ACS

Post by ACS »

Is there any ETA for this version to be released or worked on? I Would be willing to pay for this as I too am looking for a program to run in the background.

Thanks for your hard work and reasonable prices :) (unlike someone who we know),
Tyler
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I thought I was the only one that liked that other one so little.... It seems as though that other person is losing his fanfare quickly....
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
ACS

Post by ACS »

Yeah I believe the one we no longer speak of is driving everyone away. The thing that really ticked me off is he would just stop supporting random products even if you have a current license. I have several licenses to products that are useless.

Oh well, I am glad I found Freds products! I'm sure they will evolve just as others do :)

With that said I believe with the command line options UAK will easily be a better product than most. The other command line option that I would like to see is a "Sync Whitelist/Blacklist" to FTP. that would be GREAT!!