[SOLVED]bugs

This forum is intended to help the users to disinfect their computers.
jabernathy

Re: bugs

Post by jabernathy »

yes it appear that the sp3 pack did completely install. I saw no errors come up.

yes, the WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe file is still in my desktop folder. I have not removed anything with out first getting specific instruction.
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

I specifically went to the ieuinit.inf file, right clicked and choose install. my desktop blinked for a second and then that was it. Do you want me to open IE from the start menu?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

In fact, I wanted you to really install IE from the IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe file.

But you can check if it's working now, of course. No prob.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

PRAISE JESUS and Fred and Bill. For sticking with me on this MAJOR issue. We were shut down in our billing dept for days due to this problem. We are now up and running.
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

Fred, I am writing an update to both my bosses. I think it only fair that they know who you are and what you have done. I wouldn’t have been introduced to UVK if I hadn't seen Dell tech using it before they really made a mess of my machine. I originally called them because I could not open one specific page in IE. one and only one. so it wasn't our ISP, and it wasn’t the actual server for the company we use to transmit claims. I could log in just fine from my personal IPAD. So I couldn’t get help from them. I resorted to called Dell. BIG mistake. However….I DO think they need to know what you did for them.
most sincerely Jamie
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I'm glad we were able to fix all the issues.

If you contact your bosses by mail, maybe you could send them a link to this page:
http://www.carifred.com/donate/ :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

You can delete the IE and service pack installers in your desktop, and also the IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU(4) folder

If you're sure everything is working fine you can run the following fixes in the UVK fixes section:
  • Empty all users temp folders
    Empty all browsers cache
    Delete all restore points
    Create a system restore point
    Defrag and optimize
Hold Ctrl down while clicking the fixes to select several ones.

Check Unattended mode to run them automatically

Click Run selected fixes and confirm.

This will take a while, but it will give you some HD space and a considerable performance improvement.

It's been a pleasure working with you, Jamie.

Be safe
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

you joke..but I am not. I saw the donate area and WILL post it to them. Fred, someone installed MSN on here as well. I believe that was Dell. Do you know what that is?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Wait a minute. I didn't delete the log yet. I'm gonna check out and post back in a minute.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ok. WILL wait on you.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes, you have it. It's a Microsoft program, though.

An old one. It's been replaced by Windows live messenger a long time ago. It's used for live chatting between people.

It can also be used for remote assistance. I guess that's the reason why they installed it.

Code: Select all

<HKLM...Uninstall> | MSNINST | MSN | Microsoft Corp. | C:\Program Files\MSN\MsnInstaller\msninst.exe /Action:ARP

<ContentsProgramfiles> | MSN | 25.32 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory
Do you wish to remove it?

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

yes. along with everything else that is unnecessary. like the MCE stuff as well?
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

DO I un-install this stuff using my UVK to make sure it is ALL gone?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, Msn you can simply uninstall it from the Control panel >> Ad/Remove programs. It's the best way.

The rest, yes you can delete with UVK or using the Windows explorer. When you're sure you don't need them, empty the recycle bin.

Do you want to remove the whole mce zipped folder?

<ContentsSystemDrive> | mce zipped | 24.9 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory
You do have a lot of folders in the C:\ root. Most of them I don't know what they are, and I don't want to delete something important.

You have all this: The format is <UVKCode> | Folder/file Name | Size | Description | MD5 hash | File signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | 1f12842cf26d0be34f6b5116da3c3cf5 | 6.09 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Acronis 10 Workstation | 561.12 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | backup | 3.8 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | boot.ini | 154 Bytes | No description | 091DFD77C66D39F51465A357D4CF47DF | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | CAHABA CLAIMS | 5.6 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Chip | 141.61 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Config.Msi | 0 Bytes | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | DECCHECK | 79.33 KB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | DELL | 192.46 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Desktop Weather | 0.96 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | dkab.log | 7.22 KB | No description | 8F90BB5FBEF7F88D14109EC156085FF1 | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Documents and Settings | 25.48 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Front Office Files backup | 1.69 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Hold - WINPCACE | 49.33 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | i386 | 213.5 KB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Intel | 256.64 KB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | IO.SYS | 0 Bytes | No description | D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | iolo | 17.52 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | mce zipped | 24.9 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | MSDOS.SYS | 0 Bytes | No description | D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | MSOCache | 428.83 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Netgear | 36.29 KB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | NTDETECT.COM | 46.45 KB | No description | B2DE3452DE03674C6CEC68B8C8CE7C78 | Signed :  No publisher

<ContentsSystemDrive> | ntldr | 244.19 KB | No description | C1B29B4E6EEA9510610DB2EC4D6DB160 | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | OUTLOOK_BACKUP | 93.81 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | pagefile.sys | 2.98 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | Program Files | 4.19 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | REALoutlook backup | 3.64 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | RECYCLER | 0 Bytes | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | RRmedicare PACE | 13.56 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | System Volume Information | 0 Bytes | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | TDSSKiller.2.6.22.0_07.12.2011_12.41.20_log.txt | 45.1 KB | No description | 8523A611F2B887B943419B3AA5AD26E5 | No signature

<ContentsSystemDrive> | TURBO | 525.24 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | WINDOWS | 9.23 GB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | WINPCACE | 25.62 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory

<ContentsSystemDrive> | WINPT | 1.02 MB | No description | Unable to get MD5 hash | Directory
Some of them are big, like the TURBO foler which uses 525 MB. Why don't you take a look and tell me what you want to delete?

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ok, I'm deleting the MSN via the control panel ad/remove. I know how to do that. What is the Windows explorer remover?
Turbo that huge database is all our patient files and bookkeeping. Acronis is supposed to be our backup but It got all messed up as well and I dont know if it is even working now as nothing is backing up at the end of the day. Me? Im pretty dumb and dont know how to use it. But I better leave it alone....and ask the bosses if they want to reinstall or something and have someone set it up.

I dont need cahaba claims either. or anything with MCE. I dont know what CHIP is and I definately dont need desktop weather. I dont need WWinPCACE as we dont use that program at all anymore. RRMedicare PACE can go. and I guess that includes WINPCACE as that had to do with old billing software. NONE of this is needed. I dont know what all the other stuff is...so I better not touch it. as long as it is not a bug...
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

have a good nite Fred. talk to you tomorrow to wrap things up..I guess.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, sorry, I could have been more clear.

By deleting with the Windows explorer I meant delete the folders/files normally by right-click >> Delete.

Firstly, they are moved to the recycle bin, as I'm sure you know.

So, these can be recovered while you don't empty the recycle bin.

The same happens to the ones you delete by right-click >> Delete with UVK

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Have a good night too. We talk tomorrow.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ok, Fred I deleted all the junk folder that are no longer supposed to be in this pc. I will run a scan today and see how we come up. Microsoft Word at least isnt closing unexpectidy like it has been for over a year that I couldnt figure out..so maybe we got other problems fixed as well. It is slow but at least there isn't a "close program" error everytime I open Word. All seems well so far. Cant thank you enough. Talked to both my bosses about you this morning and the help you have provided. I did tell them I am no longer "tech" support for our office. You yourself can see how dangerous that is.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Want me to make you a script to make the pc work faster?

You have too many programs on Windows startup. That and some disk fragmentation (if you didn't run the fixes I recommended lastly) is what is making it slow. With your CPU and 2 GB of physical RAM, you pc should work fast on xp.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

oh my goodness YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I have to many things on startup but personally I dont know how to fix that. I did delete all the uncessary junk. my pc used to be VERY fast as I am a multitasker for sure. I'm sorry I didnt get back with you sooner as since I had my pc at least working I was trying to play catch up. I am the sole billing dept for this practice and I was very much behind. I did run some scans today for you to look at. Can I ask you when it tells me what bugs or cookies are in the log, does that mean they are still there...OR have UVK removed them and the log is a report of what was removed?