[SOLVED]bugs

This forum is intended to help the users to disinfect their computers.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: bugs

Post by Fred »

Ok, thanks for the logs. there's one more thing I'd like you to do:

Open UVK and go to the Scan and create log section.

Uncheck the following lines:

• Contents of C:, Application data and Program files
    Lsa providers and Blocked hosts
    Recent files

Check Show Microsoft files, in the right pane.

Click the text box under Custom, and paste the following code:

Code: Select all

<Reg>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

<Dir>
%AppData%\Mozilla
%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox
%LocalappData%\Mozilla
%LocalappData%\Mozilla\Firefox
It should now look like the picture below:

Click Start scan

This scan will be very fast, will take less than a minute.

Please send me the new UVKLog.txt file in your desktop.

Thanks
Attachments
UVKScan.jpg
UVKScan.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 67115 times
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ok done. FYI... I saw Firefox on there and didnt know if I told you I removed Firefox from this pc. it doesnt work with my billing stuff.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK no prob. I just wanted to check out if it had a bad plugin installed.

The logs are fine, Jamie. No infections. Just some harmless cookies.

I can delete them, but they will come back as you surf the net. But there's no harm at all.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

oh ok. I'm ready for whatever you send me.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jamie, you can only upload files directly here in the forum if they are pictures. For other types the files must be zipped. But you can zip several files in the same archive and upload.

Here's another zipped script. Download and extract it to your desktop. It contains comments on the actions it will perform. Please right-click the script and click Open with Log Analyzer to read these comments.

Download the script:
UVKcfJamie4.zip
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 1228 times
Then close the Log analyzer and double click the script. It will open UVK and load its contents to the text box in the Run UVK scripts section.

Important: Close all opened internet browsers and save all your work. UVK will reboot the machine after running the script.

Click Run / Fix listed and confirm to run the commands. After the computer reboots, a new log will be present on your desktop named UVKFixLog. Please post or mail me its contents.

An important note for other users: DONT RUN THIS SCRIPT! This script was created only for this computer. However, computer techs and forum helpers may download it to learn how to create UVK scripts.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ok Fred, job done. uploading zip of uvkfixlog
Attachments
UVKFixLog.zip
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 1180 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Some things went wrong. The system restore point could not be created, and the defragmentation wasn't done. More system files missing?

Please go to the UVK fixes section, scroll down the Enable and run (Select) combo and click System restore. Did the System restore UI showed up? If it did, does it show available restore points?

Next, scroll the combo down again, and click Command prompt. Type defrag /f /v and hit Enter. Did the Windows defragmenter start?

Thanks.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ON THE ENABLE AND RUN system RESTORE. yes THE ui SHOWED UP AND no. there are no available restore points

did the cmd prompt . the windows defragmenter did NOT start.
sending you the screen shot in PM
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Lol. Forgot to write the drive letter. Sorry.

Please type the command again: defrag C: /f /v

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey, Jamie, I've just seen this in the latest log:

Code: Select all

08/12/2011  11:07:35  Successfully recycled:
C:\Documents and Settings\jamie abernathy\Start Menu
Did you delete your start menu folder yesterday? :?:

I hope you restored it afterwards...

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

LOL. ok want I should try again.??? uh oh... NOT ON PURPOSE I didn't. HOw could I have deleted that when it is still on my tast menu bar? If I did I am in trouble because I have restored anything.
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

HAVE NOT restored anything. It's Friday . I can't type
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

ok, sent you a pic.

uh...DID I do something? WRONG? again?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey do't worry, it's not that serious. I'll explain:

The icons and shortcuts in your Start menu (The start button in your taskbar) are placed in your hard drive in 2 locations:
  • 1: C:\Documents and Settings\jamie abernathy\Start Menu

This is where your start menu icons and programs shortcuts are placed.

2: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

This is where the start menu icons and programs shortcuts for all users are placed.
If you deleted the first one, well, you can copy it from the default user. You'll still have lost some shortcuts to some programs, but it's not the end of the world. You can put them back there again.

Fred
MattyUSA

Post by MattyUSA »

Wow, Fred. Kudos and recognition for this superb level of dedication to helping. Wow.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Matt.

I know it's not easy for you to have a computer problem you can't solve, but if you ever have one, post here.

Maybe I can make a script to format your system partition... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

Dont know Matt but will say Fred has gone above and beyond. I couldnt get this help from Dell or Microsoft or anyone for that matter.

Fred, can I ask you something else? were you writing a script for me on this back pc? something about having to many things in the startup that weren't needed? If not that is ok, you really have done so much. I will leave that to my bosses and the "tech" person they hire from now on to figure out. Thank you again.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No prob, Jamie, in fact this topic helped me to find a few mall bugs in UVK, which I'm fixing now.

For the startup entries, I'll need a UVK log from the back office pc just like the one I asked HERE.

Thanks

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

Thank you Fred. Am doing the scan now. Will send you the log. FYI. I have been running all this time with no problems and today wala...IE 8 has for some reason kicked me out of having access to my main billing application at Zirmed. Zirmed is the clearinghouse I use to upload all our medical claims. They are the only website I can't go to. This was my original problem when I called Dell. Zirmed's server is not down or anything I can log into just fine from my apple. So something is wrong again.
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

Fred, the log you requested. I am getting ready to take off a couple of days for surgery. I will be back Monday. I have advised the owners my IE8 wont give me access and this time I am tempted to leave it with them to figure out what the problem is. The front office is also not getting through and we are no longer connected in any way.
Attachments
UVKlog.zip
(25.96 KiB) Downloaded 1255 times