One Man's Opinion

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
zbmowrey

One Man's Opinion

Post by zbmowrey »

My background: I am, by trade, a computer repair tech. I perform 30-50 remote Windows PC repairs a day, five days per week. The issues I face are all over the map, as my employer provides contract support services to a few very large non-OEM computer sellers. I assist with printer installs, computer setup, and any number of software issues and bugs that crop up in end-user Windows installs. I haven't seen it all, but I'm getting there.

That said, I've been using UVK for a few weeks now and am IN LOVE. I use the portable version in a .zip file and send it remotely to my clients' desktops, where extraction gives me a folder that has the portable .exe and various settings/script files. On every call for which UVK is applicable, it saves me time and effort. When you're running 5-6 customers' desktops simultaneously, even shaving a few seconds off any interaction can have significant impact on customer impressions.

I've recently started digging into the automation features; being able to automatically download, install, and run the various tools and scanners available out there... is just mind-blowing. I can 'set it and forget it' on most malware/virus calls, checking in just to make sure nothing has stalled. My customers are happy, my bosses are happy, and my stress levels are lower.

As if the product itself weren't good enough, the developer - Fred - is just phenomenally responsive to suggestions and questions. I feel privileged to have stumbled across this tiny corner of the internet, where a great tool is in such proximity to a small community. The $30 for a pro license was a no-brainer to me, if for no reason other than to help support a utility that's helped my statistics more than any other factor.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: One Man's Opinion

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the kind words, Zach.

By the way license key upgrades are now available.

http://www.carifred.com/uvk/custom_label/upgrade.php

Best wishes.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred