Quickbooks

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Quickbooks

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

The default settings on Execute prevent prevents some network functions of Quickbooks. This is serious as one of the things it blocks is the credit card processing connection.

Also, it seems it may block pandora as well.

The pandora I am not 100% sure on but it does block Quickbooks. Can you look into that and maybe change the defaults of that tool?

Jim
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Quickbooks

Post by Fred »

Hi Jim. If those programs install in the appdata directories instead of of the program files directory, which is where all programs should be installed, the it is normal they get blocked.

I created the "List affected files" button to allow you to scan the affected programs and add the ones you don't want to block to the exclusions list. Have you used that feature yet?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

I did not try that one but if I get another chance I will. However, Quickbooks is perfectly legit and common business software that really shouldn't do anything to be blocked yet that part of the software does block it for some reason.

Jim
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Execute prevent does not check if the programs are legit. It just prevents all programs from being executed in certain directories, except the exclusions.

Malware and PUPs usually install in the appdata folders, for instance. If Execute prevent is enabled, they will not run. And obviously, all other programs (not excluded) won't run either, even if they are legit.

The "List affected files" feature allows you to quickly detect the legit ones and exclude their directories. If you send me the path where those programs are installed, I can make UVK add them to the default exclusions.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I will see what I can do there and get that info for you.
Jim