System repair issue since 6.8

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Vicelord

System repair issue since 6.8

Post by Vicelord »

While using the system repair section it seems that UVK suddenly stops recognizing when processes end so the screen that waits for the process to end keeps waiting.

example : the screen "Installing Java (x86)" will never end and the wheel keeps spinning. Doesn't seem to be related to any specific process. But whenever this bug starts to pop up it never leaves, even after a reboot you need to manually press cancel on the screens. I've had this bug on nearly every pc since 6.8.

Removing and reinstalling UVK doesn't help either, and the trouble is certain screens do not have a cancel button so you need to reboot your pc since you can't end the process of uvk in process explorer. (always access denied).

Updating to the newest beta didn't help unfortunatly
Last edited by Vicelord on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: System repair issue since 6.8

Post by Fred »

Hi Vicelord. Bill already reported this bug.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=857

Unfortunatelly, I tested on windows 8.1 and Windows 7 and it worked fine for me. The issue seems to only happen on some systems. I'll be counting on you guys to help me to fix it, since I can not reproduce it.

I'm gonna make some more checks in the process monitoring function and upload a new beta. I'll let you know when it's released.

Thanks for your help.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Vicelord

Re: System repair issue since 6.8

Post by Vicelord »

sorry didn't notice bill posted it. I'll try to figure out what's going wrong