v9.6.5.2

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FAB-ITRescue

v9.6.5.2

Post by FAB-ITRescue »

1) Backup Registry function crashes UVK.
2) System Booster - something causes IE not hang at drawing home page after being run. Also UVK crashes on loading. Fortunately System Restore repairs. This bug evident a few versions now. (Sometime after major rewrite I think).

System run on Win7x64 Ult.
Sorry to be so vague in report.
Charger440

Re: v9.6.5.2

Post by Charger440 »

I confirm Number 1 but not number 2. The info is too vague on it for me to accurately test it.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FAB-ITRescue

Post by FAB-ITRescue »

Sure.

I've run the Backup Registry function from both the System Booster section & System Repair. Running either causes UVK to Stop Working/Crash.
Regards
Nigel
FAB-ITRescue

Post by FAB-ITRescue »

Sure.

I've run the Backup Registry function from both the System Booster section & System Repair. Running either causes UVK to Stop Working/Crash.
Regards
Nigel
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the bug report, FAB-ITRescue.

I managed to reproduce and fix the Backup Registry crash. It will no longer happen after the next update.

I wasn't so lucky with the IE hanging one. I scanned with the system booster, all sections checked, removed all that was found, and IE was working fine afterwards. May I ask, what makes you say it is the system booster causing the issue?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FAB-ITRescue

Post by FAB-ITRescue »

Hi Fred
Yes, unfortunately I've repeated several times.
From Bootup, run UVK System Booster (Default scan settings), Created Restore Point & Cleaned. Exit program & Reboot. On reboot IE fails to load. System Restore and the IE works again.

Happy to repeat & assist with logs etc if you let me know what you need.
Regards
Nigel
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

FAB-ITRescue, some more info may help me to figure it out.

Does this happen only on Windows 7 x64, or did you have it happen in other Windows versions?
Which IE ad-ons were installed?
Did you clean the browsers cache before the scan? Or did you run other UVK fixes?

Please do the following in the affected computer:

Launch UVK, start the System booster scan and wait for it to end.
Right-click the system errors list, and select Export to text file.
Save to the desktop, and attach the created text file to your reply to this message.

Thanks for your help.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

I think I might have had the same issue, but mine goes a step further, most EXEs won't run and neither the exe or com version of UVK will run. Safe mode does not work either.

Still investigating though..... No finger pointing from me yet. Just wanted to let you know I do have a similar situation
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, I think your issue was different. I think it was related to the smart uninstaller rather than the System booster. I may be wrong, but if I'm not it's been fixed a while ago.

I just uploaded build 9.6.5.4 in which I changed the way locked entries are removed. Hopefully it will fix this issue. I have not been able to reproduce it myself.

Fred