Restore previous UAC state / systeminfo.ini

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
reggaemanu

Restore previous UAC state / systeminfo.ini

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

Restore previous UAC state doesn't work, it always stay disabled.

When I upload reports, the systeminfo.ini file seems to be generated but it doesn't appear in the zip, is it normal? How to make it included ?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Restore previous UAC state / systeminfo.ini

Post by Fred »

Hi Manu.

SystemInfo.ini is created simultaneously with the SystemInfo HTML file. It is saved in UVK's install directory. Thus, to ensure it is included, all you have to do is click "Add System Info HTML log".

I'll check out what's wrong with the Restore previous UAC state fix.

Thanks for the bug reports.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu, I just tested the Restore previous UAC state fix on windows 10, and it is working fine. In which windows version did it fail for you?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

I don't really know, at least on a windows 10 64bits, I don't remember for other times it failed (was windows 8 or 10)

For the log it is checked as I have the system info.html file but the .ini isn't included un the zip files
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu, I just uploaded a new release. UVK now ensures that SystemInfo.ini is added to the zip. As for Restore previous UAC state, it seems to be working fine for me, maybe AV preventing the change? We'll see in the future how it behaves.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:Manu, I just uploaded a new release. UVK now ensures that SystemInfo.ini is added to the zip. As for Restore previous UAC state, it seems to be working fine for me, maybe AV preventing the change? We'll see in the future how it behaves.
Thanks Fred, yeah I'll try to be careful about that in next repairs I'll do so we can narrow down the problem.
But It won't be before 3 weeks, I'm on holiday since this evening !
Je descend dans le pays basque cette nuit :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ok, bon trajet et bonnes vacances! (have a good trip and nice holidays!). You deserve them!

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:Ok, bon trajet et bonnes vacances! (have a good trip and nice holidays!). You deserve them!
Thanks fred ! :ugeek:
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Je vois que vous parlez français :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"