Leaving UVK after running UAK causes appcrash

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
ghandi

Leaving UVK after running UAK causes appcrash

Post by ghandi »

I have a bug to report, but it only appears to occur under the following condition(s):

1. Start UVK.
2. Select UAK.
3. Click ‘Start scan’; I have ‘scan all users’ selected.
4. Let scan complete and message box displayed; I have 13 recommended items and 74 optional.
5. Click ‘ok’ on pop up message box.
6. Either select welcome screen and then close UVK, or close UVK using top right close icon.
7. UVK closes and crash report appears; I get:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: UVK_en.exe
Application Version: 7.8.0.4
Application Timestamp: 57096b93
Fault Module Name: OLEAUT32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19144
Fault Module Timestamp: 56b24de1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000011cd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: e23d
Additional Information 2: e23d2ef5b752b3826fa37db62ff09b25
Additional Information 3: bc0f
Additional Information 4: bc0f71c8c68c2d0af546f097ef2b8c57

Or do steps 1-5 then go to welcome screen and run another item, I run ‘system info’. Then closing UVK does not cause an appcrash. You have to run something you cannot simply select ‘system repair’ (for example) and then exit UVK as it will crash (on my PC).

N.B. If you do a UAK cleanup there is no crash report; it only happens if you do not cleanup or do not run another part of UVK.

This was happening with 7.8.0.3 and is the same with 7.8.0.4.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Leaving UVK after running UAK causes appcrash

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the bug report, ghandi. I could not reproduce it yet on Windows 10 or 7. I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to make it happen.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

ghandi, I finally was able to reproduce this issue in a Vista machine, and fixed it. I just uploaded a new beta. Please report whether the issue is fixed for you too.

www.carifred.com/uvk/beta
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
ghandi

Post by ghandi »

Fred wrote:ghandi, I finally was able to reproduce this issue in a Vista machine, and fixed it. I just uploaded a new beta. Please report whether the issue is fixed for you too.

http://www.carifred.com/uvk/beta

Fred,

I apologise for taking so long to try this and report back, I have been very busy.

I tried the above and yes the problem IS fixed. Thank you.