[Fixed] 7.6.5 RC 5

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
reggaemanu

[Fixed] 7.6.5 RC 5

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

Nice work with this new release :)
Unless more bugs are reported, this will be the next stable release.
That's not really bugs and it does that since the beginning (I just didn't took the time to report it) but that's pretty annoying (so, that's time to report, before the final release :D):

- When using ftp upload feature it ask to accept connection in the firewall, so if I'm not here to see it, the upload doesn't work (it create the file on the ftp but it is empty), so ftp upload is mostly unusable in unattended repair.
- When using ftp upload and cleanup the registry (and possibly some others repairs) in SR, if UVK is secured with a password, it ask for the password each time. That also make ftp upload unusable unattended.

Keep up the good job,
I love the virustotal feature and I'll test that new .ini report import in pcrt this night :)
Fred
Site Admin

Re: 7.6.5 RC 5

Post by Fred »

Hey manu.

Thanks for reporting the bugs. I'll fix those ASAP. Curiously I never thought of creating a firewall exception for the FTP protocol.

The ini file will probably not work for PCRT unless you make some changes. The PHP function for parsing INI files is parse_ini_file.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Found a bug in system info :

Here's the list of my harddisks in UVK system info :
[Fixed, removable and optical drives]
Hard disk 0=SanDisk ExtremePro USB Device Partitions: 1 Size: 465 GB
Hard disk 0 info=Serial: 00c0b85be Failure predicted: NO Work hours count: 6959
Hard disk 1=Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Partitions: 4 Size: 1.81 TB
Hard disk 1 info=Serial: S21JNSAG184729R Failure predicted: NO Work hours count: 6944
Hard disk 2=WD Elements 1042 USB Device Partitions: 1 Size: 1.81 TB
Hard disk 2 info=Serial: WXK1E72AAUL2 Failure predicted: NO Work hours count: 6943
Hard disk 3=ST2000DM001-1ER164 Partitions: 2 Size: 931 GB
Hard disk 3 info=Serial: S4Z0HHBG Status: OK
Hard disk 4=ST2000DM001-1ER164 Partitions: 2 Size: 119 GB
Hard disk 4 info=Serial: S4Z0HJ59 Status: OK
Système (C:)=4.67 GB free of 418 GB. File system: NTFS Type: Hard disk volume
Données (D:)=1.39 TB free of 3.63 TB. File system: NTFS Type: Hard disk volume
Movies (F:)=15.2 GB free of 931 GB. File system: NTFS Type: Hard disk volume
Declic_AIO_128 (H:)=55.7 GB free of 119 GB. File system: NTFS Type: Removable media
Optical drive (G:)=Name: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203P Type: DVD Writer
All is messed up :

- the name of hard disk 0 should be Samsung SSD 850 EVO (actually hard disk 1) with 4 partitions, serial S21JNSAG184729R and the size and work hours are ok
- the name of hard disk 1 should be ST2000DM001-1ER164 (actually hard disk 3) with 1 partition, serial S4Z0HJ59 (actual disk 4) and the size and work hours are ok
- the name of hard disk 2 should be ST2000DM001-1ER164 (actually hard disk 4) with 1 partition, serial S4Z0HHBG (actual disk 3) and the size and work hours are ok
- the name of hard disk 3 should be WD Elements 1042 USB Device (hard disk 2) with the serial WXK1E72AAUL2 (hard disk 2), the size is ok, but there's only one partition, not two
- hard disk 4 should be SanDisk ExtremePro USB Device with serial 00c0b85be (hard disk 0) with only 1 partition, not two, and the size is ok
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:The ini file will probably not work for PCRT unless you make some changes. The PHP function for parsing INI files is parse_ini_file.
We can't use parse_ini because the file is in a zip, so we have to use zip_entry_read, that means that we can't parse ini sections, some value in the new .ini file can be retrieved but for example the processor is an ini section so we can't actually retrieve it.

The easier/better way to parse it in a zipped file would be a file with this format:

entry=value
entry2=value2
etc...

(of course the separator doesn't have to be a '=', but each field on only one line, and without html tags or sections)

Anyway, that's not a hurry as the actual pcrt mod works perfectly fine with the system infos.html file :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu you can use parse_ini_string on the return value from zip_entry_read(), with the $process_sections parameter set to TRUE. That will give you an associative array with all the sections, keys and values with one single function call. Much easier than being forced to loop through all the lines and explode them to an array, as it is currently done.

I'll have a look at the HDD bugs. Thanks for reporting them.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:Manu you can use parse_ini_string on the return value from zip_entry_read(), with the $process_sections parameter set to TRUE. That will give you an associative array with all the sections, keys and values with one single function call. Much easier than being forced to loop through all the lines and explode them to an array, as it is currently done.
Thanks Fred, I didn't know parse_ini_string, I already knew about parse_ini_file and since you also mentioned it in your post above I admit I just looked at that function without looking further about others potential ini related functions :D :oops:

I'll take a look this night and/or tomorrow to see if I can come up with something
Xander

Post by Xander »

Manu, I brought up the wrong order of the disks when the desktop watermark was introduced. In the watermark, my listed HDD0 is my D:; HDD1 is a flash drive J:; HDD2 is my C: and HDD3 is another flash drive G:. In the System info report, they're listed as C:, J:, D:, G: in the "hard disk" listing and then correctly in the next section. Diskmgmt has them in the expected order.
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Thanks for fixing firewall exception Fred :) It will be a lot more comfortable...

As for the drives ... Work hours is ok for me and the "messed up drives" bug is fixed, but it's still not in the right order (both in system info and watermark)
uvkbeta.png
uvkbeta.png (40.5 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
Feel ok to contact me if you want me to test anything ! :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Manu. Please try the attached file and post screenshots. I decided not to list USB devices. As for the order, well it the order WMI gives them. By the way, that's what caused the previous mess up. I guess I could build a sorted list...

You just need to extract to a folder and launch DesktopWatermark.bat

download/file.php?id=297

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Here's the screenshot using the file you posted above :
newwatermark.png
newwatermark.png (32.52 KiB) Viewed 4883 times
Excepted the order all is ok for me !
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred,

If uvk is protected with a password it still ask for a password (two times in fact) when uploading to ftp (first when generating system info.html, and another time later i don't remember for what) and i think it still asked me for granting an access in firewall while uploading but i've to test it on a new pc to confirm it: i'm not 100% sure I was using the last version for this one.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Manu. I'll look into that.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi,
I've been pretty busy lately so I didn't took the time to confirm it but it still ask for firewall in latest version.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu, I was coding the Reset Group policies feature in the new C++ UVK, and found what I think it may be the cause of your issue.

The Reset and fix the Windows Firewal, and Reset group policies fixes both reset the Windows Firewal, so it is normal that it asks you to unlock the application after running those fixes.

You you need to run one of those fixes, you can do it after sending the reports.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Oh geez, that's so obvious and I didn't even thought about that :lol: :roll: :oops: