UVK 7.1.1.0 password

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
steve2189

UVK 7.1.1.0 password

Post by steve2189 »

I just updated to v 7.1.1.0
UVK starts OK. It uses my selected skin and branding, but does not ask for the password.
I was hoping to have UVKPortable.exe on a USB stick, setup the skin, password etc once, and have
those settings preserved when UVK is updated.

I go into 'Options', set a password, use both 'save' and 'save to file', uninstall UVK, then run UVK again and there still is no password needed.

But if I run version 7.0.0.1 the password is needed.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: UVK 7.1.1.0 password

Post by Fred »

Hi Steve.

Seems like I forgot the password thing in the new packages. Sorry about that.

I'll fix that issue for the next release. Too bad users don't try the beta versions. This issue could have been detected before the release of the stable version.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
steve2189

Post by steve2189 »

Testing the beta version is difficult since I mostly run UVK on customer computers and I would not want to risk running a beta version on their computer. I suppose I could test the beta versions on my own computers.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

It's OK, I understand. The problem is that UVK has so many features, and I always forget to test something.

In this case I forgot to test the INI importing feature, and it had two bugs in the code.

I know I should have keep the last beta longer, but I had to release it as stable because the mbam and java downloads were no longer working.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I always update to the beta versions (I live on the edge :lol:) but I don't do as many computer repairs as many of you guys.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK I fixed the bug and updated the stable version packages, but I didn't increase the version number.

All you guys have to do is manually download the package you use (UVKPortable or UVKSetup) and it should now be working fine.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred, That's some fast work! :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
steve2189

Post by steve2189 »

I downloaded and tested the latest version - it fixes the problem. Thanks for the quick fix.