Tech tool store

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Re: Tech tool store

Post by Charger440 »

Not that I am aware of. I think Fred has been really busy and may not be currently working on it.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Thanks for that information Jim. I have been away from the board for a while. I wasn't aware how busy he was. He's such a dedicated guy.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

He made a couple comments a couple weeks to a month ago that indicated he had a lot of stuff going on so I'm just going off of that. I really have no news on TTS at all. I am curious myself as to the status of it.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

I worked on tech tool store for about a week, in the last month. The application itself is nearly ready, but I also have to make it's website pages, license buying system, etc. And UVK doesn't let me much free time to work on the other projects I have. There are always new features to add, bugs to fix... It's been like a marriage commitment.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

I don't know if it could be added to uvk. The thread is about tech tool store. Its (the ninite) not in beta anymore, Its subscription based now. They want like $20 for the smallest plan to use the app (Pro verison). Just use the website version. Its free for consumers, and after all the machine your a fixing belongs to a consumer. You probably wont need it till the end of your cleanup anyway and your browsers should be working fine by then. Tech tool store does basically the same thing except only d/loads utilities. Maybe if Fred wanted to compete, he could add a few categories and support the apps that ninite does in addition to the apps that tech tool store already supports. Then there would be no need for ninite.
Xander

Post by Xander »

I just spent the last two days looking at miscellaneous launchers and found this in the forum by accident.

If nothing else, this should be under UVK's Links button (it can have MSSE's spot; it's useless AV). I know it's a good thing to keep filesize down but this is only 1300kb...I wouldn't complain if it were integrated.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

As far as I know the reason it is not posted anywhere is Fred made one Beta of it and then got busy on other things. This has not been updated in a while that I know of because of work on UVK. I have thought about it being nice to add to UVK but I'm not sure how much stuff you really want to pack into one app before it just becomes overwhelming. The last time I talked to Fred on this he still was not sure where it was going to wind up but he may have changed his mind by now :)
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

It's in pretty good shape as it is. I can add apps and update 'em; hide the ones I'll never use.

One of the only things I've been feeling like UVK has been lacking is an easy way to launch those "one-off" programs that might not be suitable as part of a sequence; tools you might only need sometimes like AV-uninstallers and drive space apps (SpaceSniffer).
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Add them in the Repair section and use them when ever you need them.

Personally I think the repair section is a lil clunky but I really don't know how to fix it though..... Maybe an idea will come along one day.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

New update 1.1. Tech tool store is now fully functional. I'll be creating its website and adding a few more tools in the next couple of weeks. I plan to have it ready by the end of the current month.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

New update 1.2. Tech tool store now supports commands to open files, and even with extra command line parameters. This feature will also be added to UVK in the next update.

For instance, to install an MSI package, you no longer need to use

Code: Select all

msiexec.exe "Package path.msi" /passive /norestart
even though it is still the recommended way. You can use just

PackagePath.msi /passive /norestart
You can also make use of this new feature to open internet locations and other protocols. For instance, you can create an app that opens one or several internet pages, tutorials, for instance. You just need to set the URL of the page as the command.

Or you can make use of the mailto protocol to create tools that email your clients.

mailto:obama@whitehouse.gov?subject=Congrats%20Obama
mailto:obama@whitehouse.gov?subject=Congrats%20Obama&body=Enjoy%20your%20stay%0ARegards%20
Or you can make your tools open local documents, such as MS office docs, text files, or PDF docs, by simply specifying the path of the document itself, which will be opened with the default application in the current PC.

%ToolsDir%\Docs\Tutorial 1.pdf
%ToolsDir%\Docs\Tutorial 2.docx
%ToolsDir%\Docs\Tutorial 3.txt
Also added a new section of tools for Security software uninstallers, as requested by Xander in another topic.

Ad finally, the application now contains both 32 and 64 bits files. This should fix some limitations in the 32 bits version working on 64 bits systems, such as not being able to monitor 64 bit processes by their paths. Obviously this increased the size of the executable, which is now around 3MB. TTS will take care of extracting and running the corrrect file, depending on the current OS arch, you don't need to worry about it.

Fred
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Cool Update,
Tried to test out Complete Internet Repair.
However, It is not automated.
Zip is downloaded & then no more commands are used to unzip & run the program.
Not sure if this is an error in the new release as I did not use the intended program before this release, but just pointing out a bug.

AWESOME!
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Not sure if it's what you need or not....
Attachments
20150719_191532-1024x768.jpg
20150719_191532-1024x768.jpg (146.31 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
20150719_191522-1024x768.jpg
20150719_191522-1024x768.jpg (160.12 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
20150719_191512-1024x768.jpg
20150719_191512-1024x768.jpg (128.65 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Charger440 wrote:Not sure if it's what you need or not....
This is prebuilt into the software, How can I edit the code.. Or just create a new application line item for it?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I just created that one.
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I was thinking that was a custom tool that you had done. I went back and looked for Fred's built in version and your right, it does not work. The download window comes up then disappears....
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks for reporting this. For some reason, the option to unzip the file was disabled. Go figure.

Fred
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Sorry, if this has already been shared.

http://www.herdprotect.com/techtoolstor ... b4a2c.aspx

Anyway to fix this issue?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

wrc559 wrote:Sorry, if this has already been shared.

http://www.herdprotect.com/techtoolstor ... b4a2c.aspx

Anyway to fix this issue?
Sure. Do not use HerdProtect crapware, and just ignore that page. Solved.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Um, Fred.

:lol:
Jim