Anything New

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
robertgu

Anything New

Post by robertgu »

Hey Fred,

just want to know if you working on anything new? :ugeek: thanks for your great work
wmmiller

Re: Anything New

Post by wmmiller »

Hi robertgu,

I was just thinking about things myself. Not necessarily weather there’s anything new or not though. It’s been super quiet but I think that mostly reflects a product that just works and doesn’t have constant issues.
I mostly popped in to say hello to everyone and hope everyone is doing well. Have a super day! :)

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Rob, Bill.

I've been working on SimplySync Backup and Win STORM lately, besides the regular work of updating TTS, UAK and UVK.

To be precise, I'm adding FTP support to SimplySync, and also the ability to create automated backup jobs.

Win STORM is a very big project and I don't think I'll be able to release it anytime soon, especially now that I write code slower after I had some mental health issues related to lack of sleep.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Oh man Fred! I was literally (Wednesday) thinking about SimplySync and FTP. I asked you about that some time back and you were very busy at the time but said you would consider it. I don’t know who else would use the FTP feature, but I can assure you I will be using it. I’ve been using SimplySync for backup almost since you created it. I don’t use or need Fab’s anymore. Thank you for working on this. :D

Bill

I’m sorry to hear about your sleep issues. I haven’t slept well in many years and it just wears a person down and makes it hard to think and function sometimes. I’ve tried to take different things to help me sleep but it always makes me feel sleepy and like crap most of the following day. So, I don’t take anything any longer. I’ve just learned to deal with it. I’ve even put an old recliner in my shop so I can rest my eyes and brain when I need to. I tell people it’s my new piece of shop equipment. :mrgreen:

New Shop Tool (Small).jpeg
New Shop Tool (Small).jpeg (80.07 KiB) Viewed 9296 times
Muhammad Tasneem

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Fred, Win STORM is your RMM software?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

wmmiller wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pm I’m sorry to hear about your sleep issues. I haven’t slept well in many years and it just wears a person down and makes it hard to think and function sometimes.
I know, right? I figured it's a vicious cycle. You can't sleep because you're stressed and anxious and then the lack of sleep will make you more stressed and more anxious the next day, which will make it even harder to sleep and so on...
wmmiller wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pmI’ve tried to take different things to help me sleep but it always makes me feel sleepy and like crap most of the following day. So, I don’t take anything any longer. I’ve just learned to deal with it.
I hate chemical meds and any sort of drugs, so I only tried natural things. Most of them just make us feel groggy and don't really help us to sleep. They probably work for people with light sleep issues, but they become useless if things get more complicated. The only thing that really works for both me and my wife was st john's wort, but still it behaves differently for each of us. For instance, Carine takes 400 mg before going to bed and she sleeps like a rock until morning. I can't take it before bedtime otherwise the serotonin increase will make me feel more excited and prevent me from falling asleep. I just take 250 mg twice during daytime to help me deal with the stress and anxiety, and then I sleep better at night. Meditation also helps and I also take 0.5 mg of melatonin just before bedtime to help me fall asleep faster. I've been sleeping better since I do this, but I'm still very sensitive to any noise and I always wake up and least once in the middle of the night and sometimes it's hard to get back to sleep afterwards.
Muhammad Tasneem wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:16 pm Fred, Win STORM is your RMM software?
Yes, Muhammad, it is, but it's far from ready yet.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I hope that continues to work for you. It’s a roller coaster. I tried St. John's Wort many years ago (took it two nights) and when I told my nephrologist he almost crapped his pants. He promptly showed me information that included this.

“St. John's wort appears to have caused several cases of heart, kidney, and liver transplant rejection by interfering with the action of cyclosporine”. :shock:

As some of you know, I’ve had two kidney transplants (second one working since transplant day 01/10/2010) and I take “Cyclosporine” as well as many other drugs to stay alive. I hate taking all these pills but I’m kind of stuck with them now. I also have heart disease partly hereditary and partly from kidney disease. (IgA Nephropathy) the exact cause of IgA Nephropathy isn’t definitive to this day. I was diagnosed in 2000 so it’s been a long hard 19 years at times. Anyway, I’m glad I’m alive today and I just go along one day at a time. :)

Bill