Looking for Bond info

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Looking for Bond info

Post by Charger440 »

Most IT consulting companies in the US, possibly other ares are bonded. However, info about the specifics is unbelievably hard to find. Who is bonded in their business? What are you bonded for? What is the bond called? How much does it cost you? Is customer specific or a blanket bond?

Thanks for any info.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Xander

Re: Looking for Bond info

Post by Xander »

I've only had about two people ask ever. To them I replied that I am not bonded but I am bondable, in that I have gone through criminal record checks (for other jobs) and am squeaky clean. I also point out that I am insured and that was enough for one of those two.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me more about the insurance you have? I'm finding info on that hard to come by as well. All my insurance people seem to have no idea what I should actually be insured for and I have yet to find reliable info for IT insurance.
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Just basic business insurance covering loss from fire/etc. and to protect them in case I should lose data and so on. Malpractice, basically.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK, Yea I got an offer on that.

Supplemental for $30K was like $300 a year.
Jim

Brink

Post by Brink »

Well I have not been here for a while Jim. I'm not bonded either. I am also clean on a criminal records check. I believe that what you were asking about back in March though is called a surety bond. A surety bond pays your customer in the event that you fail to preform a contracted task. It is different from insurance that would pay your customer in the event of loss such as tornado or other natural disaster, fire, theft etc.