5 MB Limit

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

5 MB Limit

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

I seen the logs have a 5MB limit. Was just wondering why that is. At this point it's not important as I have not had any logs that big. I guess just curious how you cam up with 5MB when FTP will generally do any size you want to throw at it.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: 5 MB Limit

Post by Fred »

Hey Jim.

When the zipped reports are sent by email, they need to pass through this server. Twice, actually. Initially they are sent to the server by FTP, then they are sent to your email address, and then the zip file is deleted. I'm mostly trying to prevent server overload.

And actually I thing 5MB is more than enough. If a tech needs more than 5MB of zipped logs from each repair, then soon he'll need to buy a super hard drive to save those logs to.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Re: 5 MB Limit

Post by Charger440 »

The email party makes perfect sense. Like I said I didn't see it being an issue I was just curious how you came to that number. Want really thinking about emailing. Some some email servers address actually less than that but if a tech uses one of the common ones that are less, he prolly needs a good swift kick in the butt. ;)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"