.NET Verification tool and Repair Tool

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Xander

.NET Verification tool and Repair Tool

Post by Xander »

Verification:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... 99004.aspx

Repair Tool:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2698555
- supports /quiet and /passive modes as well.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: .NET Verification tool and Repair Tool

Post by Fred »

The repair one is part of TTS since the beginning. I didn't really see any good use in the verification one.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

I do see you've got it as a "Fixit" but that's not really accurate as it's not part of the Fixit library.

Regardless, you might not see value in the verification tool but others might.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander wrote:I do see you've got it as a "Fixit" but that's not really accurate as it's not part of the Fixit library.
Well now it's too late to change its name. It will break saved selections containing the tool.
Xander wrote:Regardless, you might not see value in the verification tool but others might.
I obviously only add tools I see a certain level of usefulness in. If I added all the tools that might be useful for others, I would probably add every tool I found. But I can add requested tools. They need to have a certain quality, though.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I doubt I would use the verification tool.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Xander

Post by Xander »

I didn't post this here as a suggestion to add it to any of the programs; just to make sure people are aware that both tools exist. This is the General sub-forum, not Feature Suggestions. People do this all the time here and don't meet with this kind of negative feedback.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Negative feedback? It was just a regular comment.

Fred