Fred, we need an update

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Fred, we need an update

Post by Charger440 »

We need an update, it's getting quiet in here again. Give us some juicy info to talk about :D
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Fred, we need an update

Post by Fred »

OK, here's what I've been working on the last couple of days:

2Browse is a technician tool that can be used as both a web browser and a file explorer. It can also be used as an FTP client as explained in this topic. It's very small and light, and can't be hijacked with toolbars and ad-ons.

It will be available as part of UVK and TTS, and also as a free portable separate app.

2Browse does not have all the functionality of a real web browser nor is it supposed to. It is intended to be used when the browsers or the shell are infected or working too slow, or simply because we like to use it.

I actually find it very useful, especially the Current user programs and All users programs links. Those link to the Start menu/All programs folders, no longer available in the start menu since Windows 8.

Sometimes when we need to find a program we don't remember the name those become really useful.

Download here
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, I like the browser. I'm using it right now actually. I have only seen one major issue with. On Windows 10 (at least), the bottom part of the window is behind the task bar so that you cant see the whole window while full screen.

I've been using it for about 30 min now and I like it. Is this basically how it will be or are you planning to add more features to it? Sometimes simplicity is not a bad thing :)
Last edited by Charger440 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks, Jim. I'm using Windows 10 too, but I didn't notice that issue because I have my task ar set to auto-hide. I'll try to fix that.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Man, I missed so much working on my certifications. I have to download this next time I turn the computer on.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

So far it looks pretty good Fred J. You gotta try it.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I like it as well and think the current user programs and all users’ programs links will be pretty handy. I’m using Windows 10 x64 and am not having an issue with the taskbar hiding the bottom of the window.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK, I just rebooted my tablet and it did not change on there so I downloaded it on my laptop. It does the same thing on it even though it has a higher resolution than my tablet or 2in1.

Just wanted to update you on new details. After Bill said it worked fine for him I just wanted to verify it actually had an issue for me :)
Jim

Brink

Post by Brink »

Nice. Is there any chance that being able to pass credentials for password protected webpages will be added in the future? i.e. http://isurf2.com/utils
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim & Bill.The task bar issue is fixed.Quite a headache. It was not the window hiding behind the task bar. It was the browser control that was bigger than the main windows, and the web page apeared cropped.

Brnk: It's fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Same download link.

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Thanks. Thats awesome.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Cool, thanks :)
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Last update for today, and probably for the week. The app now supports drag and drop of files and folders in the address bar. Dropped files are automatically opened. This way, supported files are opened by the browser itself. Those are HTML files, pictures, text files ad XML files. Files can also be opened by dragging them to the application icon, or using the Open With context menu to open them with 2Browse.

Other than that, fixed the bug of automatically starting maximized, removed the annoying navigation sounds, and improved FTP support. I plan to add more features in the near future.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thank you Fred. :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Looks like Fred is chillin for the rest of the week :)
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

So, just in regards to this browser software. Was wondering if it ran like Techtools, or UVK where updates could be pushed directly to the browser (Whether start page links change, or are updated).
This way, we dont have to download the exe from the website, if updates are pushed.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

WRC, 2Browse does not have auto-updates yet. But it will be part of the Tech Tool Store tools where it is automatically updated. You can run it from there. I will release a new version of TTS today, containing several new tools and features.

Fred
Trajet

Post by Trajet »

Inbuilt adblocker would be nice.
Brink

Post by Brink »

Since Fred has ads on this site, I seriously doubt you will get that from him. Personally, I have refrained from asking that adblock-plus be added to techtool store. I do think that would be an awesome addition to this browser and to TTS though. I just don't see it happening.