OT: SiriusXM

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

OT: SiriusXM

Post by FredJClaus »

Does anyone here have SiriusXM All Access? I'm considering getting their internet radio for my iPhone. On T-Mobile, I can listen to Sirius without using up my data plan. I just have some questions about their service and I'd like to try it because I spend 17.07 a month for only 2 stations that I'd listen to.
Charger440

Re: OT: SiriusXM

Post by Charger440 »

It's been 5 years since had Sirius so I don't really know how good the service s now.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I used to have it when I was driving semi-truck and working construction because I did a ton of driving. I listened mostly to talk radio. I would like to have it now but I’m too cheap to want to pay for it. Although, thanks to you, I’m thinking I may need to get it again. :lol: My wife has it in her Jeep and really likes it.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I had a radio with Sirius that I used for more than a year after I stopped paying them. Have not tried it in a couple years. It might still work now :)
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Bill. Make sure you get all access and then you can give your log in to me for my internet radio access.
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Seriously though, if you have Pandora and Tunein Radio does Sirius really give you that much more?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

In my opinion.... no
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

"Seriously though, if you have Pandora and Tunein Radio does Sirius really give you that much more?"

I have no idea about that. I tried Pandora some time ago but cant remember if it has talk radio or not. Never heard of Tunein.
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Tunein has actual radio stations. You can listen to the audio simulcast of cNN, or Fox News. You can also listen to talk radio all over the country. If you want to listen to mancow's show from Chicago, you just look up his stations call letters.
Brink

Post by Brink »

$20 per month goes a long way to a better data plan in my opinion.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I agree Brink :)
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Me too Brink. The reason I was looking into it is because my new cell service has a list of music apps that can be run free of charge on our service without eating up my data plan. For an additional 20.00 I could add UNLIMITED data on my plan. Then I could run the free apps that are not part of the "Music Freedom" program and not have to worry about it.
Brink

Post by Brink »

Let me guess... Tmobile?
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Gee. How'd you know?