TSPlus

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

TSPlus

Post by FredJClaus »

has anyone ever used TSPlus? Anyone know about this sort of thing?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: TSPlus

Post by Fred »

I haven't. But there's a reddit topic here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/commen ... se_tsplus/
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred J

May I ask why you are looking in to it?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Personally, I'm not looking into it. My church has a computer that we run the database for our Church Management software on. TSPlus is a program one of the network guys suggested as a way for our finance team to be able to sit at home and remote into the computer at all hours when they need information.

Trouble is, I can't seem to get it to work properly and the only tech support is a support ticket that we have to wait for someone to reply back on. I can't sit at the church all day waiting.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

If there are not any special requirements, there are tons of ways you can do that. RDP would the most readily available one.
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

There are special requirements because what they are doing is running the program on their computer, but connecting to a database on the server in the office. I talked with TSPlus and it is not an issue on their end. We set up an account with NoIP.com to host a DDNS server and that is what's messed up.
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Kind of like when I screwed up my AWS account remember Jim?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK what database server are you using? Did you port forward on the church router? I can think at least a couple easy solutions right off the bat for server client fixes depending on your database type
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Well, it's a church program that we are using for the database. I have TSPlus as the program that will remote into the computer via a server through NoIP.com Figured out it is not the programs that are messing up though, it's the computer. I put the file on another computer and it remoted in just fine. Turns out the computer is looking for the computer at the old location, and I can't seem to clear it out.

question, though. Why are they using TSPlus when the computer is a Windows 7 Professional and it had Remote Desktop Connection access?
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Fixed the issue. Why is it we never look at the simple solutions first? I changed the name of the file and it works fine now.