Scan log location

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
scottay

Scan log location

Post by scottay »

When running a script is there a way to specify where the malware scan logs go? The desktop doesn't work well for me, as I'm running this scripted from a file in the c: and it would be very convenient to have then go there.

Thanks again! I'll be buying the branded version soon. Do you take donations as well?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Scan log location

Post by Fred »

Hi scottay.

The current version doesn't have that option, but I'll add it for the next build.

In the meanwhile, you have an easy workaround.

Add the following lines to your UVK script somewhere after the third party scans commands:

<CmdScript>
@echo off
Md %systemdrive%\UVKAutoScansLogs
move /y %UserProfile%\Desktop\UVKAutoScansLogs\*.* %systemdrive%\UVKAutoScansLogs\

Rd /s /q %UserProfile%\Desktop\UVKAutoScansLogs

And that's it! You'll have the logs folder in the C: root.

Hope it helps!
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks again! I'll be buying the branded version soon. Do you take donations as well?
Yes. http://www.carifred.com/donate/

Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
scottay

Post by scottay »

Perfect! Thanks yet again.
scottay

Post by scottay »

Love the new version :D

One question: when I use the software and go into automatic anti-malware scans I see the log location, how do I specify this when I'm running from a script?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, once you specify a location for the logs in the Automatic anti-malware scans section, it will be saved to the registry, and it will be the default location for the scans run through the scripts.

if you want to change it in a script, then you will just have to change the registry value. i.e. add the following lines before the third party scans commands.

<Reg>
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\UVK\AutomaticScans]
"LogsPath"="C:\\UVKAutoScansLogs"

And that's it! the default path is now C:\UVKAutoScansLogs

Hope it helps

Fred
scottay

Post by scottay »

Works like a charm, thanks.