How to submit samples to UVK

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Chiron

How to submit samples to UVK

Post by Chiron »

Hello, I am writing an article in which I am showing users where they can submit malware and false positives.

I have so far found no online submission form or email address which users can use to submit these to UVK. Can you please let me know what these are or how I can submit samples to UVK?

Thanks.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: How to submit samples to UVK

Post by Fred »

Hi Chiron, welcome.

We don't have a form for submitting false positives yet. But it's a good idea to create one.

I'll see what I can come up with and post here.

Best wishes.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Thank you.

So how should I advise my readers to submit samples to you of either kind? Do you have an email address to which malware and false positives can be sent?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, I don't think e-mail submission is a good idea.

I'm going to prepare a spam protected form which will automatically add the submitted files to a database.

I'll tell you when it's ready.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Thank you.
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

By the way, where does Ultra Virus Scanner get its samples from right now? I guess I'm now a little confused about how the scan works. What exactly does it scan for?

Thanks.
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Bump.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

The UVK scan creates a log similar to the one created by OTL, HijackThis, or other similar tools.

The created log should then be analyzed by a user experienced in malware removal.

The Log Analyzer, included in all UVK packages can really simplify analyzing the log and create a script to disinfect and repair the infected machine.

More info can be found in the pages below:

http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/createlog.htm
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/uvklog.htm
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/loganalyzer.htm

However, since I'm working in a virus signatures database for UVK, which will to have its own malware scanner, submitting malware samples may become very useful.

Thanks for your interest.

Fred