TechtoolStore.exe - Application Error

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Mainman407

Post by Mainman407 »

After watching a Britec Computers video on Ultra Virus Killer I was quite amazed and decided to download the software. Well, while I am still having issues registering the software (I have a trail license code) but like many of the other programs I have installed (i.e. Malwarebytes and Ccleaner, etc.)

After downloading UKV, I went to install it. Seconds later, I received this Application Error:
The exception illegal instruction
An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction (0xc000001d) occurred in the application at location 0x0040bf63.

I Googled (0xc000001d) and found several videos telling how to correct this issue but none appear to work.
At first thought it was one of my memory sticks since these Application Errors always reference a Memory application. Yet, all Memory test do not reflect any memory issues.

Believe it or not, if I can resolve this problem with UVK, I can more than likely resolve the issues I am experiencing with Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and a few others.

If anybody has any ideas on how to rectify this problem I sure would appreciate any input you can provide.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: TechtoolStore.exe - Application Error

Post by Fred »

Hi Anthony.

UVk and Tech Tool Store should both run fine on Windows Xp. If you're getting those errors in all those applications, it's probably because you don't have the latest service pack installed. Most applications that still support Xp require SP3 installed.

Microsoft no longer provides the download of the SP3 installer, but you can still get it from software download sites such as majorgeeks or softpedia.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Mainman407

Post by Mainman407 »

Fred; Thank you for your insight. However, my Windows XP OS did have SP3 installed. Just to be safe, however, I uninstalled my SP3 file and downloaded the SP3 installer from Major Geeks and reinstalled it again. I then attempted to download the Techtoolstore software once again. I am not having issues with downloading any programs (at least I don't receive any notices). It's the "RUN" process where the problem arises. As soon as I click on the RUN button of the Tech tool store program is when I get the "techtoolstore.exe" -Application Error which informs me that an attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction (0xc000001d) and that it occurred in the application location 0x0042c3e1.

Do you have any other suggestions or remedies?
Mainman407

Post by Mainman407 »

Somebody has got to know the source of the Application Error 0xc000001d. My OS is Windows XP Pro /SP3.
My CPU is 1.2 GHz and I have 2.5 Gig Memory. Granted, my CPU is antiquated compared to today's standards but it's all I have for the time being. All I need is for someone with more advanced training to share with me what is possibly causing this 0xc000001d Application Error.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Anthony.

The issue you mention may be caused by a missing Windows component, a Virus infection, or a hardware problem. You can try a clean Windows install, and the install the SP3 if your XP disc does not already have it. Don’t forget to backup your data first.

When I test Tech Tool Store on Windows XP, I do not get that message, so if your problem is not hardware related, that should fix your issue.

Best wishes,

Fred
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred