Backup and Recovery Issue

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Gunn

Backup and Recovery Issue

Post by Gunn »

I am running windows 10 with the latest updates and I am having a problem with Backup and Recovery getting it to work. The problem is once I create the backup job and go to run it it won't run. When I press Start backup
nothing happens. It works on other PCs, just not this particular PC. Any ideas!

Thanks
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Backup and Recovery Issue

Post by Fred »

Hey Gunn.

Please ensure the backup folder name does not contain special characters. Also ensure the application has read/write access to the directory where the backup folder is to be created. When you press Save only, the backup folder should be automatically created. If it's not, then you have an access denied issue. If you're backing up to a flash drive, check out if it's not locked.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Gunn

Re: Backup and Recovery Issue

Post by Gunn »

Yes, when I pressed save the folder was created. I also tried to a USB drive and got the same results. Seems to do that only on this one PC. Works everywhere else.