Suggestions

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
sudo

Suggestions

Post by sudo »

I don't know if this is the right category or not but I wanted to add some suggestions, if I may.

First off, I love this program so far. Apart from the branding/portable I suggested on another thread, I think it be more efficient if when uninstalling uvk that it also has the option to remove malwarebytes automatically and any other software it may leave behind. I myself do not like leaving tools such as malwarebytes on my client's computer. For now I just manually uninstall which is no biggy, but for it to uninstall automatically or at least bring up the uninstall program would be awesome.

Another idea to beef this software up is to incorporate WSUS Offline. If I could run a script to install/update Flash & Java (which we can currently in uvk) AND update Windows...well that would be amazing as well.

Hope I gave you some good ideas, if not, I still love the software as is. Hope to see it progress further!
fRequEnCy

Re: Suggestions

Post by fRequEnCy »

Uninstalling MBAM can be done with a script. Here is a link to one I created.

This simply uninstalls MBAM and does it quietly so no need to bring up the uninstaller. This does it without any user interaction besides running script of course. There may be a time where it might not work and I've encountered this myself where MBAM wasn't cleaned out correctly before and the unins000.exe is not valid as it increments by one. But it's rare. I've been using this script as it's easy and the most logical way at this time. Probably eventually the way to go as well since thats the purpose of scripts and since there's an uninstall for UVK as well.
Last edited by fRequEnCy on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Nice one, fRequEnCy! I think I'll add that one to the script collection when I have some time.

@sudo, thanks for the suggestions. WSUS Offline can also be automated by a UVK script. Just use the <Download> command to download it, and <Run> or <RunWait> to execute.

As far as I know, it supports command line switches for full automation.

By the way, did you guys know that WSUS Offline was written in AutoIt too?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

Fred wrote:Nice one, fRequEnCy! I think I'll add that one to the script collection when I have some time.

@sudo, thanks for the suggestions. WSUS Offline can also be automated by a UVK script. Just use the <Download> command to download it, and <Run> or <RunWait> to execute.

As far as I know, it supports command line switches for full automation.

By the way, did you guys know that WSUS Offline was written in AutoIt too?
Cool. Am willing to come up with lots of scripts to share Fred! Just let me know what you need and I'll whip some stuff up.

Yes I knew of it being in AutoIt. Gotta love the little scripting language. It got me started to programming and now doing stuff in vb.net and c# as well as AutoIt for automation. Am here to help in anyway I can Fred. You need only ask.

I can always create a topic with scripts by myself so that they don't clutter the script collection and users don't have to wait for them to be posted. Saves you from having to do more work and I can handle the topic. Let me know what you think.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks. Feel free to create a topic to host or post your scripts. I'll try to add the to the script collection as soon as possible.

I wanted to increase the script collection, but it's not been easy, mostly because of my leak of time, but also for laziness. I love writing programs, but am not a big fan of writing web pages. Plus, in the script collection I'm working in 3 languages.

I keep saying I must update it, but never got the will to do it. :)
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

Fred wrote:Thanks. Feel free to create a topic to host or post your scripts. I'll try to add the to the script collection as soon as possible.

I wanted to increase the script collection, but it's not been easy, mostly because of my leak of time, but also for laziness. I love writing programs, but am not a big fan of writing web pages. Plus, in the script collection I'm working in 3 languages.

I keep saying I must update it, but never got the will to do it. :)
In that case I'll create the topic and maybe you can just put a link to the forums. That way you don't have to worry about updating the page so much. I'll get a little collection going based on requests or if I come up with something useful. Which category do you want it in? Anything I can do to save you time. That way you can continue programming! ;)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, anything is useful, scripts to repair or reset or change windows features. One feature I'm planning to add to UVK in the future is "Repair Windows native services". Normally, this should include repairing the registry entries for the services, and run sfc /scanfile="ServiceDllPath".

But it can be anything else. Downloading and running a useful program, for instance. Every script you post may not only help people to repair a Windows issue, but also to write their own scripts. I'll post back more ideas as I have them.

Thanks again for your help.

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

Fred wrote:Well, anything is useful, scripts to repair or reset or change windows features. One feature I'm planning to add to UVK in the future is "Repair Windows native services". Normally, this should include repairing the registry entries for the services, and run sfc /scanfile="ServiceDllPath".

But it can be anything else. Downloading and running a useful program, for instance. Every script you post may not only help people to repair a Windows issue, but also to write their own scripts. I'll post back more ideas as I have them.

Thanks again for your help.
Created a topic and stickied it. Will add to it as time goes on.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ok I saw it. It may be worth to think about the 64 bits Windows archs too. If you want, you can add another script for x64:

Code: Select all

<Run>
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\unins000.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
Just a thought. :)

Fred
fRequEnCy

Post by fRequEnCy »

Fred wrote:Ok I saw it. It may be worth to think about the 64 bits Windows archs too. If you want, you can add another script for x64:

Code: Select all

<Run>
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\unins000.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
Just a thought. :)
Dohhh. Didn't think of that. Will tweak.