Cannot get "installdir" switch to work

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
ACS

Cannot get "installdir" switch to work

Post by ACS »

I am trying to run a batch file to install UVK on a sub folder of the system drive. When I do this it ignores the custom "intalldir" switch and installs in the Program Files.

I am positive that folder "assets" and the setup file are in the proper locations as well.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\assure\assets\UVKSetup.exe -Auto -NoRun -NoRP -NoDShct -NoCMenu -Installdir "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\assure\"
Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong here? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
Tyler
Charger440

Re: Cannot get "installdir" switch to work

Post by Charger440 »

I looked at your code there and as far as I can tell it looks fine. My only questions would be, could it be because you are trying to install it on basically the same path? My other thought is there my be a bug in it that Fred is not aware of....
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
ACS

Post by ACS »

Yeah, it is odd. I haven't used UVK for a while and I just got some time to configure it but I got hung up here. I know this has worked with similar code in the past.

I could be wrong; and I can't seem to pin point what it is, but I believe my cloud settings are not being updated as well.

Something to note, I also have made sure to uninstall UVK and delete the registry keys it leaves behind.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi ACS.

Please remove the trailing backslash in "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\assure\", and it should work fine as long as the directory you specify already exists. I will make it automatically remove any trailing back slashes in the future.

Note: The application will be installed in "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\assure\UVK - Ultra Virus Killer".
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
ACS

Post by ACS »

Thanks so much for the fast response! That did the trick!