Tech Licence and Portable version

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
sudo

Tech Licence and Portable version

Post by sudo »

I have a request and a question. First let me ask the question?

Is there a way to keep the UVK options from computer to computer. Such as protecting it with a password. The portable version is well not so portable if I have to keep installing -.- .

Also is there a way to brand my logo on the actual program icon when it installs?

Thanks, and keep up the good work. Love the program so far!
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Tech Licence and Portable version

Post by Fred »

HI Sudo, welcome to the forums.
Is there a way to keep the UVK options from computer to computer. Such as protecting it with a password. The portable version is well not so portable if I have to keep installing -.- .
Interesting question. Maybe I'll add a feature to save the settings to an ini file in the future. For now, you must do it manually. There is obviously ways to take the settings from a pc to another, since they are saved to the registry, but the running protection password is saved in a secret key, which is deleted when UVK is uninstalled, or the password is disabled.

I don't think I should tell which key it is. It would allow to disable the password without using UVK, and you wouldn't want that, would you? :)
Also is there a way to brand my logo on the actual program icon when it installs?
Not yet. To make that feature available, I would have to make UVK create the new icon, or have users to upload it when buying the key. let's see if I can come up with an easy way.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
sudo

Re: Tech Licence and Portable version

Post by sudo »

That would be awesome! Anyway keep up the good work!