[Solved] Gmail Account

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Muhammad Tasneem

[Solved] Gmail Account

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Just need to know that UVK send reports via gmail account?

because someone told me that gmail disabled many email client support (including MS outlook)
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Gmail Account

Post by Fred »

Hello, Muhammad.

UVK sends the reports via this server (carifred.com). It has no connection to gmail, and can send messages to any email address.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Is there any option in uvk to send mail from other servers or direct from pc.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

No there is not. It is associated with your email account and I think it is a paid feature.

Just curious, why would you want to change the server it's sent from?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Muhammad Tasneem

I have experience on field.... sometimes it is not possible to sent mail on/from specific server.

I remember in old days. sometimes I used gmail or sometimes Yahoo bizmail, or sometimes local ISPs provided server. Because mostly I work on customer side, I have faced lot of problems, even on some customers I can't download the virus definition files, this is why I always update my portable hard disk with all definitions and software ;)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Muhammad, I'm just curious: Why would you want UVK to send the emails from a different server? Isn't this server doing its job properly?

Sending email from other servers is a complicated process: Would need users to enter the SMTP server address, port, account name and password, and other settings such as SSL, authentication required, etc.

As Jim mentioned, this feature is only available to registered users, and to avoid spamming, UVK only sends emails to the address associated with the license.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

:cry: Don't worry I am managing some person for payment. :)

and being a tehnical person I am used to this hassle. I already remember many pop, smtp, imap settings. Using freeware and registered portable client. (like thunderbird, iScribe, The Bat Voyger, etc). I have always have portable devices with me. But I like that UVK have all features which a tech guy needed. Direct mail from PC also reduce the server load.
There are many open source, freeware, commercial softwares (and I already used them) you can integrated with UVK or even make your own smtp.
Maybe I can send/use different email for annual customers or one time customer or seperate email form each customer for there review.
Muhammad Tasneem

Re: [Solved] Gmail Account

Is there any plan in future to add this feature in uvk, (definate it should be available only for paid customrs)

Add SMTP settings in uvk and send mail directly.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] Gmail Account

Post by Fred »

What's wrong with the current way of sending emails, Muhammad?

Fred