Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX Breaks YouTube

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wmmiller

Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX Breaks YouTube

Post by wmmiller »

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. When Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX is installed it breaks YouTube with the error in the picture. If I uninstall it the issue goes away. If I reinstall it the issue is back. Can anyone else duplicate this or is it just this machine? The issue is fixed as long as it’s not installed but I’m curious.

Bill
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (75.55 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
wmmiller

Re: Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX Breaks YouTube

Post by wmmiller »

Well, it looks as if one must choose between using the printer or being able to use YouTube or uninstalling flash when one wants to use YouTube or vice versa. :roll:
Printer error.PNG
Printer error.PNG (24.81 KiB) Viewed 5167 times
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

I though YouTube wasn't using flash player any more. It should be in html5 isn't it ?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Manu

YouTube should still use flash for those browsers that are not html5 compliant *cough*IE*cough*

Bill
Your printer needs flash to print? That's why I use technician only drivers when it comes to hp. You can still scan and print without all that bloatware.

I will try this tomorrow and see if I get the same issue.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

It works fine with both installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I’m off to Minneapolis and will have to check this out later. I wonder if the one that won’t work is using a 64bit browser.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Don't have a 64-bit Win 7 machine to test now, but i can build a VM if needed. Which IE version is installed? IE 11 should support HTML5. On the other hand, if it is a flash bug, it may be fixed soon.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

You tube will work without add ons.
IE.PNG
IE.PNG (14.53 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

So there may be an ad-on (other than flash) that breaks things out. Have you tried resetting IE?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I decide to check a clone I had of that computer it has Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and the issue is present on that as well. Since it works fine with Windows 7 32bit it must be a 64bit issue. I apparently wasn’t or had not used You Tube on that computer. That seems odd to me but it must be. I guess I may just have to use You Tube on a different computer.

Bill
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

After Manu brought up HTML5 I looked into it. Well, I guess you can request that the HTML5 player be used if your browser doesn't use it by default. I tried that and both YouTube and the printer scan software works just fine. I’ve never paid much attention to HTML5 until now since it’s never been an issue. Thanks for bringing it up Manu. :D It may be useful to solve other encountered issue in the future. I found the solution on this page https://www.youtube.com/html5.

Bill