script uak

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
csm

script uak

Post by csm »

purchased uvk today. I am trying to let UAk remove the detected threats automatically.

I can't get it to work, uak starts , scans and display the results, but i can't manage to hit the ok button. Tried wiht the options "visible" and "enable", nothing seems to work.
can anyone please helpme with this?

example script

<UVKCommandsScript>
<UAKScan>
<Run>
->WaitWindow() ; wait for the scan report
;->WaitControlState([CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1, Enabled); hit the ok button
->WaitControlState([CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1], Visible); hit the ok button
->ClickControl([CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1])
Fred
Site Admin

Re: script uak

Post by Fred »

Hi csm, welcome.

Your script is not working because <UAKScan> waits until the UAK scan ends, before stepping to the next commands, so when your commands are sent, UAK is already closed.

You can achieve similar effect using the standalone version of UAK. Here's a script I built quickly, it may need some adjustments.

Code: Select all

<UpdateSoftware> -x86
%ThirdParty%\UAK.exe | http://www.carifred.com/ultra_adware_killer/UltraAdwareKiller.exe

<UpdateSoftware> -x64
%ThirdParty%\UAK.exe | http://www.carifred.com/ultra_adware_killer/UltraAdwareKiller64.exe

<Run>
%ThirdParty%\UAK.exe /scan /noupdate

->WaitWindow()
->WaitWindow()
->CloseWindow()
->ClickControl([CLASS:Static; INSTANCE:15], 1)
->WaitWindow()
->WaitControlState([CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1], Visible)
->ClickWindowPos(93, 158)
->WaitWindowClose(3)

->WaitWindow()
->WaitWindowClose(4)
->WaitWindow()
->WaitControlState([CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1], Visible)
->ClickWindowPos(311, 127)

->CloseWindow(1)
->WaitProcessClose()
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
csm

Post by csm »

Thanks Fred, that worked!

I am now using d7II's to send the report to PCRT. I am planning to use UVK to clean up my customers computers. UVk has a FTP function to send the reports. It is working fine, but i have to put in the credentials on every new computer ii scan. I am running UVK from my nas.

Do i need to configure something?

Thanks,

Will
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

csm, you can save your FTP credentials to an INI file, which is automatically loaded by the UVK packages,
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/load_settings.php
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/report ... e_settings

Let's see if Manu, Jim, or Xander will chime in to help you more with the PCRT integration.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi csm,

To view/attach uvk reports in pcrt you just have to save your ftp credentials like Fred said and that's it.
However if you want to be able to import system specs like with d7 you'll have to wait for luke to add the feature in pcrt or apply this mod by yourself => viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1230#p5204
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

CSM

The only thing I can add to this, keep in mind PCRT has a bug in it that makes it not recognize some legal file names. For example, if the user name is "Charger 440" PCRT will not recognize it but if it is "Charger440" it will work just fine.

We have talked about this and I am guessing that other dude strips the spaces out but Fred said he wasn't going to because he wanted to keep name as it appears on the machine. I stand by Fred on that because they are both legal file names and PCRT should work with each one interchangeably.
Last edited by Charger440 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, the latest beta took care of that issue. It auto-replaces non-supported characters with underscores.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Have you officially released said beta or is it part of the c++ rewrite?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"