TTS Support

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wrc559

TTS Support

Post by wrc559 »

Hey,

I plugged in a USB and transferred tech tool store to the usb. Selected all applications and then pressed "update all" - waited the 1 hour for all the applications to download and update. However when I plug the device into a new PC and perform the task offline and just click "run". Application does not run, makes me "Update & Run" to use the program.
Eek. Is this a bug, or I have done it wrong?

Thanks!
Fred
Site Admin

Re: TTS Support

Post by Fred »

Hi WRC. Thanks for reporting. I'll check that out.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

WRC, I checked it out and got no issues. Here's what I did:
  1. Copied TechToolStore.exe to a USB pen drive.
  2. Selected a few tools and pressed Update Selected.
  3. Waited for the tools to update.
  4. Moved the USB stick to another PC.
  5. Ensured the same tools were selected in the second PC.
  6. Pressed Run Selected.
All the tools were successfully executed.

Please note this:
  • By "Select", I mean tick the check box in the tool's line, not hilight the item.
  • You need to run Tech tool store directly from the pen drive. Your issue makes me think you copied the EXE to the second PC's hard drive. If you do this, you'll need to copy the Tech Tools Store Tools folder, otherwise TTS will need to download all the tools again.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Also make sure that the folder "Tech tool store tools" was transfered with the "TechToolStore.exe" just to point out the obvious.
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Thank you, Can confirm it is working correctly.
Only question I have, With the update files button, when I click that. It says no updates for applications available. However, After installing an application - It prompts me that a newer version is available. Is this just the website issue not supplying the new download package?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hum, it seems like an auto-update issue. I'll check that out.

Fred