Stand alone Immunitazion tool again

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Stand alone Immunitazion tool again

Post by Charger440 »

Now that the tool has been added, is there any documentation on it yet? Is there a timer on it that resets the security or are we just letting the user turn it off. You mentioned clean uninstall, was you referring to just removing the portable version? It kinda seems like you were. Just double checking.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Stand alone Immunitazion tool again

Post by Fred »

Jim,

There is not timer. The user just disables and re-enables what he needs.

The documentation for the new features will be added before the stable release.

When you uninstall UVK from the smart uninstaller or Add/remove, you are asked if you want to perform a clean uninstall. In this case, if you choose Yes, any immunization and Execute prevent paths will be removed, so the "Configure Immunization" desktop shortcut is not created.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I got to thinking Fred (You thought you smelled smoke didn't you).

When we were talking about this unimmunize tool we were tossing around a timer to re-enable the protection if it was turned off. to clarify, not make the tool monitor anything, just use some sort of timer once it was turned off to re-enable it. We set the immunization because we think it would be good for the customer to have that setup so we kinda hope it stays that way. You did not add anything like that to the tool.

I know you think a lot about what you add and how you add it so I am NOT asking you add it again. I am instead, wondering what your stand wound up being on that? Are you still planning to add it? Did you decide it would make UVK too intrusive and you don't want to do that to people? Just curious :)

I have used on several computers since you added it and I like it. It makes me feel better about locking the computer down now :) Now if a customer calls me with an issue because they forgot what I told them I can just point them to the app and have them disable protection and they can do what ever they want...
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Jim. It's not about being intrusive. It's because we can not predict when to restore immunization. It could be just a few minutes, to install a small program, or until the next boot, for some Windows updates, or it may even need more time after reboot, to continue the install of a program, for instance.

Even though the stand alone immunization tool makes handling the immunization easier, it still needs human work. Let's hope i come up with something in the future.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Maybe that a timer would pop requester to at least remind the customer that imunization is still disabled, would you like to re enable? {yes} {no} {remind me again}
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I like the idea of a timer but not an annoying one. Like maybe an hour - hour and half. Give them the option "Don't bother me again." Fred did mention that he was considering adding this to another tool so that should be interesting to what he comes up with.
Jim