Script question

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Arekisu

Script question

Post by Arekisu »

Hi,

Apologies if the question has already been answered, I swear, I did some digging about it in the forum but found nothing concluant.

We, at my company, are in need to customize the repair system section in UVK. To do so, I have to make some third party "apps".

A good example to illustrate my concern is the use of Ninite's install/update app.
If I need to update several softwares (each computer needs different updates) using Ninite, and because UVK can't do paralel actions (for now but maybe soon ?) I made an autoit based UVK script for each of them (Chrome installer.exe will have a Chrome Installer.uvk, Dropbox Installer.exe a Dropbox Installer.uvk and so on).
The script runs the installer then wait 'till the install or update is finished then close it to let UVK do the next action which is in this case to run another ninite's update.

Everyone follows ? Good :D

So here we are, I have to make a Chrome Installer.cmd with -Readfile "path" and -Auto to trigger the uvk
So cmd > uvk > exe

Well, I wonder if it's possible to allow either the command line or the uvk file to be set as target of Command 1 (or 2 or x) in the "Edit third party app" window.

I would make UVK even more powerfull as it is already.

Thank you,

Alex
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Script question

Post by Fred »

Hi Arekisu. If I understood correctly, you need a command like this:

Code: Select all

<Run>
%UVKExe% -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\ChromeInstaller.uvk" -Auto
%UVKExe% automatically expands to the full path of the UVK's executable.
%InstallSourceDir% automatically expands to the path of the package that installed UVK (UVKPortable.exe or UVKSetup.exe).

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=997&p=2819

Is that what you need?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Arekisu

Post by Arekisu »

Yeah I know the command line but thanks :)

Because what-you-see is better than what-you-read, please check these :

This is what I would like ideally :
The ability to execute a script as a third app.

To do so I actually need to execute a batch to execute the script :

Because the third app editor can't use a script neither a batch command directly, I have to workaround like that.
Am I missing something ?

EDIT : Oh my bad, I'm sorry, actually it works, I keep asking myself why it didn't whgen I tried yesterday :oops:
Thank you anyway but I'll be back I swear :D
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You can also check the automation functions in UVK scripting code, (not autoit).
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/custom ... Wait_modes
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/custom ... Automation

In your case, the automation script would by like this:

Code: Select all

<Run>
%ThirdParty%\UPDATES\Chrome Installer.exe
->WaitWindow(1800, Ninite, Finished)
->CloseWindow()
There's nothing wrong with using AutoIt code, but it will spawn another instance of UVK.
Using the script above, that won't happen.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Arekisu

Post by Arekisu »

thanks for the tip, I'm just scratching the surface right now :P